Maybe There's a Heaven...

by LittleToe 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Didier:
    I believe Proplog's comment about "owning the love" was a reference to subjective feelings of unworthiness.

Like yourself I see a role for all beliefs and personality types. It makes the world more interesting. The idea that there should be some conformaty to a scientific model (much as I like science) is anathema to me.

Ian:
    What if the name was irrelevant, but such a Deity revealed itself using whatever framework / names were relevant to the individual?

In my own case it was Christ rather than Jehovah. Maybe that was a more acceptable way for me to access something that clearly wasn't the "Jehovah" that I had previously been shackled to?

Certainly I found the concept of worshipping Christ abhorrent, but that turned around in a few minutes of my initial experience, and grew rapidly from there.

Daystar:
    More like a mild response to full blown Kundalini, with residual Tipareth overtones. I'm happy to use the metaphors of others, as I can make the connections and see the commonality

Hillary:
    That was a bit of a back-handed compliment, to bring Bush into the equation

I agree with what you say about the neuronal faculties required to experience and record such an event. I can't help wonder if it exceeds such abilities, since most report being overwhelmed. We certainly appear to put our own slant on such a thing, but there are great swathes of commonality. This commonality has been the subject of my own grail quest for the last five years.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:What if the name was irrelevant

::human nature and history seem to argue otherwise, unfortunately.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ross:

What if the name was irrelevant, but such a Deity revealed itself using whatever framework / names were relevant to the individual?

That's what I was saying when I said all people of whatever faiths/non-faiths (atheists) could experience the same thing but to each whatever faith/non-faith they were would determine their perception.

Ian

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:Sadly I agree, though I'm not addressing this so much from a humanist-political perspective as the potential perspective of such a Deity

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ian:
    Aye, I gathered that.

Just a few other points from your earlier post that I'd like to address:

• In the framework I use, you don't get things because you deserve them.
    • I'm not quite sure what kind of a run-in I can have had with Proplog, but then my memory is short where it comes to offense.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Little Toe..I have watched your thread with interest..I`m curious by your last remark..Why would you sadly agree?..You seem to have found what you were looking for..Does the name really matter?..What if this being goes by many names?..You still believe you found it or him.I really don`t know how to address a supreme being,but I hope you get the jist of my questions...OUTLAW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Six:Sadly I agree, though I'm not addressing this so much from a humanist-political perspective as the potential perspective of such a Deity
    Yeah, and that's where it get's really messy and speculative, eh? It's why I prefer the 'internal' answers, as there are no huge logical leaps.

Apropos your emoticon:

[Edited]

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Outlaw:"Sadly I agree" with Six that emphasis on an exclusive name has been the banner around which a number of political atrocities have been committed.

I do believe I've "connected to the Divine", as I prefer to refer to it, and I use the Christian framework to explain that as it most neatly accords with my experiences. I see Christ as the frontman to God, and intrinsically part of God. He makes an incomprehensible Deity accessible to my limited human mind. As a Panentheist, that's exceedingly helpful, while I remain wary of the pitfall of anthropomorphising the Divine. From the simpleton to the intellectual, the character of Christ (as revealed in books such as the Gospel of John) opens a door that in many other belief systems remains austere.

Or, to cut the crap: John.20:28.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The real Cthuhlu has more teeth

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Little Toe..Thanks for the reply..You have had this feeling for a few days now.I am curious if it will last.Don`t be suprised if I post you to find out...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit