Maybe There's a Heaven...

by LittleToe 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

I am really glad everything's working out for you, LT. You will always have my respect because of the manner of your exit.

I neither understand nor desire your subsequent experiences (I suspect those two feelings are related.) Congratulations on your happiness, I envy you it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm happy for you Ross. I feel no need to press my views on your thread, just wanted to say that real genuine happiness and love ultimately trump all the philosophies and opinions we wrangle with.

All I'd say is, I hope you don't get to heaven before I get the chance to meet you here on earth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Yes,there is a heaven..I keep it under the counter in the kitchen..I call it the liquor cabinet..I`ve never seen God there though..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• mouthy
    mouthy

..I`ve never seen God there though..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Thats surprising to me!!!! Ive met others who thought they saw Spirits after going to the cabinet........But they called it the D.T's....LOL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Mouthy)))..The minute I start seeing things,I`m gonna lock up the liquor cabinet..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm just back in and dashing out again. After I left the house this morning there was something about my comments to Hillary that felt incomplete, and so I'd like to post that before disappearing again.

During the course of these last few years I've been to a couple of Charismatic services. They aren't really my cup of tea. To my mind they are mostly froth and a working up of an ecstatic experience. I've enjoyed it, for sure, but it has a completely different texture to what I'm vainly attempting to describe in this thread. Having seen footage of the ecstatic experiences of some other faith-groups I would suggest that there are broad similarities. Fascinating, for sure, and I assume this was what you were getting at, Hillary?

Again, thanks for your comments, folks (even proplog, who has no sense of propriety).

• parakeet
    parakeet

LT: "Everything was so new and unknown. All I was certain of was that something had changed in my life and I now had an overwhelming sense of loving and being loved by a Christ....."

I have no doubt you experienced something deep and lasting, and without meaning any disrespect, I'd like to ask you a question.

For several years after I left the JWs, I felt as though I were at sea, with no reference points and no stability about if or what I believed. I was listening and my heart was open. Yet, I never received any kind of indication that Christ was out there reaching out to me -- no epiphany, no sign, no nothing. My question is how do you account for the fact that Christ appears to pick and choose whom he reveals himself to? I'm not looking to disparage your experience; I really would like to know.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    If there truly is one God underlying this universe, and he loves the whole world, why would he limit his presence to just a quarter of the world that enjoyed the Christian framework of reference? Is he really so small as to limit himself to a small parcel of land in Palestine, and a small window of opportunity? If "God is love", then is the deep abiding love experienced by a pagan, hundu, shaman, etc., of a lower grade quality when they earnestly seek to connect to the Divine?

This quote of a quote is exactly what I think as well. I wish more people could see this similarity. I honor you your faith and I'm absolutely convinced that you honor me in mine. Seems the ones that do not respect others their spiritual paths are those too dogmatic in their belief system to allow others their own truths. (Be it a particular faith or be it atheism).

The reason you have the respect of so many here is that you do respect others. I believe you to be a well balanced person, Ross. Happy to read about this deeply personal part of yourself that you have decided to share with us. Sorry for those that have to pick at it. I've wondered aloud before why people choose to take a happy person who expresses a pleasant experience, and try to turn it into an indictment. **shrugs***

Blessings

Sherry

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    ( even proplog, who has no sense of propriety ).

"Propriety; noun: conformity to established standards of behavior or manner, suitability, rightness, or justice. See "etiquette." " -- Barbra Streisand, What's Up Doc

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

LittleToe, You are so articulate! The words you have expressed have come across so genuine and with so much heart. I'm floored!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit