If the "Kool-Aid" came out...

by Justice-One 40 Replies latest jw friends

• gordon d
    gordon d

The latest WT said to expect the great tribulation around 1/5/07 and the safest place to be was Fairbanks Alaska. Which WT was this???????

• becca1
    becca1

My mom would drink it.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The latest WT said to expect the great tribulation around 1/5/07 and the safest place to be was Fairbanks Alaska. Which WT was this???????

This was just a joke everybody.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Don't tell me some members think this is a faith and discreet slave forum.

Which WT was this???????

Ken P.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Be glad were not there anymore to deal with such nonsense.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I often read references made to Kool Aid regarding the wts. I know it is a low alcoholic sweet drink, but may I ask what is the further implication? I don’t get it. Thank you.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Freetosee,

The People's Temple was a cult where the members committed mass suicide by drinking Koolaid laced with cyanide.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/dc_jones.htm

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Well its funny you brought this up..about a year ago my husband was verbally attacked by his little brother who is a elder, when he found out we were no longer going to meetings etc. He found this out second hand as they do not live near here. The information they recieved about our feelings on matters were distorted to say the least, and my husband was trying his best to explain to him our findings through months and months of deep research.

Instead of letting my husband explain thoroughly one thing at a time, he kept firing from subject to subject saying, "What about this?? And what about this??"etc, etc....all with a close mind, haughty attitude! In the course of that very heated conversation, my husband asks, " Let me ask you something, if the Society said to drink poison would you do it??" In a firm way and without hesitation his brother said, "Of course I would!!" UNBELIEVEBLE!! Later he recantered a bit and said, "Well they would have to give me a really good reason".

And this was from the mouth of a so called "elder"!! So..you could count this one in as partaking in the Kool-Aid if asked!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    This was just a joke everybody.

This kinda' makes a point not too dissimilar from the original post.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

There was a spell in the late 70's - 80's when people within used to pose the question like , if the Society told us to do something really strange, eg, die your hair green, walk into the sea - would you do it?

We,(wife and I ) derided such viewpoints, saying that "reasonableness" was the quality of Christians. But there were those that said they would follow The Society no matter what.

As far as suicide though?? Nah.. it would not happen, especially nowadays. The older ones would see through it, and the younger ones are just not so committed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit