If the "Kool-Aid" came out...

by Justice-One 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard
    But the bigger point is that they would never encourage it. Hard to rake in the dollars from a bunch of loyal corpses...

Dave

Correct. Remember the WT is a multinational Corporation profiting from tax-free duties.

Argument closed.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>But the scenario we're imagining is that the WTS is totally cornered and about to be dismantled...so in a last ditch effort, they go Jonestown.

The lead up to that, the event, and the aftermath would make one hell of a good story. Hmmmm.... sort of Clancy-esque... Needs a catchy title... "Taken by the 'Tower"?

Told from the perspective of several people -- a 3rd generation pioneer, a bible study, an "unbelieving mate", a governing body member, maybe a CO. And a lawyer. And a cop. And a reporter. Maybe sneak a murder or two in.

Dave of the "History in Advance" class

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ask any JW if they would die for thier religion..99.99999% would say yes..They already kill themselves due to rules and policies of the WBT$..What would make Kool-aid any different?...OUTLAW

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Told from the perspective of several people -- a 3rd generation pioneer, a bible study, an "unbelieving mate", a governing body member, maybe a CO. And a lawyer. And a cop. And a reporter. Maybe sneak a murder or two in.

Oh wow. Just think, they would have to change the names to protect the guilty. Maybe they tittle the book Yahovah's Blistnesses, and Jonestown...why didn't we see it coming?

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Sure, Ill drink it... You all go first

In all seriousness, they always say "IF the society says jump our only question is how high"

This means if they put a gun in your hand, and tell you to kill your daughter, god has spoken, pull the trigger...

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The last assembly i attended, I sat there in disgust and pondered how many would "drink the koolaid".

At the time, I believed at least 50% would do so.

They could use the story of Abraham being told by god to kill Isaac. I think that would be a good clincher.

A few years prior to that last assembly, I would have happily drank the koolaid, and given it to my children

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

I thought about it and came up with my Grandmother and one Aunt that might out of about 50 relatives that are JW's. I think the majority of young JW's wouldn't but some of those who have been JW's for 30+ years if told they would be disfellowshiped and not allowed to be in the resurection would, maybe upwards of 5%. I think of those that died in concentration camps and in South Africa over being a JW.

Hypno-Toad

• Honesty
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

If I remember correctly about the Jonestown tragedy, those who did not partake of the poisoned Koolaid were shot on the spot.

Koolaid comes in a variety of flavors, a cheap powder substitute for nutritious fruit juice.

"By their fruits you will know them."

~Sue

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Quote: "t's not kool-aid. The latest WT said to expect the great tribulation around 1/5/07 and the safest place to be was Fairbanks Alaska. I suspect a statement as this would draw 300k-500k. All to suffer a great tribulation as they freeze to death. This is the true meaningt of a cult" Did I miss something where did they mention a date anyone have a scan or something??? Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit