Personality of "Anointed" JWs

by Smiles 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cellist
    Cellist

Smiles,
    There's one more distinction that needs to be made besides pre-35 and post-35. And that is; those that studied their Bibles and tried to adhere to it's message and those that studied their Watchtowers and tried to adhere to it. The GB are arrogant and self-interested and anybody following their example is going to be the same. This applies to the "rank and file" JW as well as the "anointed", although, perhaps, to a slightly lesser degree.

And then there are the strange ones. The way it's set up it's going to naturally attract some of the mentally ill. The JWs as a whole attract the mentally ill. (This is not meant to be derogatory towards mentally ill people.)

Cellist

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    And then there are the strange ones. The way it's set up it's going to naturally attract some of the mentally ill. The JWs as a whole attract the mentally ill. (This is not meant to be derogatory towards mentally ill people.)

Speaking of these does anyone know R.S. from Pennsylvania he is nuts and has papers to prove it.

He is annointed and collecting money from the Government because he is mentally disabled.

He looks like he belongs to the band zz top ( and I don't mean like the drummer).

• keynumber
    keynumber

Ive been with and as a jw all my life officially and unofficialy.

I did find it unusual that some or most of the annointed were off there rocker

the only way I found to excuse this, was watching Moby Dick/ gregory peck one,

were before before boarding the peque, ELIHAH comes from behind some barrels

and in profetic word warns them of the catastrophy...so I quess prophets were, as they

were unorthodox socially so some of the "annointed" are too. o will tell you how we wanted

to help an annointed get there faster

KEYNUMBER

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've only gotten to know one anointed brother well. He is considered a likeable and jolly chap, but most definitely eccentric and always slightly politically incorrect in a mischievous way. One thing I can say about him is that he puts on zero airs, drawing no attention to himself. He spent his youth pioneering and is now serving the Society in a high capacity, so I imagine at some point he had an experience (maybe a vivid dream) that genuinely led him to believe he had been chosen. I've never actually seen him partake because he is always getting invited to other congregations to give the Memorial talk.

• keynumber
  • Julia Orwell
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The few I met over the years were all perfectly nice, but every one seemed a little "off" in some way or other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit