Personality of "Anointed" JWs

by Smiles 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I only knew two self-professed "annointed." One was a little old lady who everybody loved and was as sweet as honeycakes but mildly senile for the last 20 years of her long life. The second was a man who verbally and physically abused his children.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I knew several. They could be broken into two general classes.

Older, pre-1935 anointed. Most were humble and sincere and fine to be around.

The others were newly anointed, people in their 30s to 50s. Many of these were somewhat unbalanced mentally, and several got into serious problems in different congregations - personality conflicts and even immorality.

S4

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Oh sh*t, Jean-Luc Picard is back from the Enterprise !

I thought he looks more like the late Sir John Geilgud's character, Hobson, from Arthur.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I've known seven of them fairly well and had one or two others as aquaintances.

They kind of ran all over the spectrum from several whom used that status to promote themselves to the humble types. And I agree that the pre-35 group generally were alot more humble than the more recent ones.

Forscher

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

I knew two, both were too young, and both looney tunes...

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I can say that I/we know many of them. The FDS display the same expressions as all people do. They are somewhat more self-controlled and most are very humble in comparrision to the everyday R&F JW. Of course, there are those that are more outspoken than others and this presents a problem for the rest of the group on a variety of subjects and current topics. Forums such as this one, are read and viewed daily.

Most are "self-proclaimed" and without an introduction from GOD, Jesus, or one of the Angels, how are we supposed to know what is the real thing or something false? Obviously, the actions of those in the power position will reveal who is REAL and who is not. When we observe and pay attention to what is happening in the world of the WTB&TS, it makes those with a brain to stop and think while asking pointed questions..............

• TheKings
    TheKings

My mother after her divorce and hitting the menopause declared herself annointed, which was the same time I quick-stepped out of the religion (at the age of 15/16) - it was kind of the last straw! I went back in 4 years later though. Nothing seemed to go right for me when I left initially and I was young and thought it was god punishing me. I finally left 4 years later and my head is clear and I put anyone off religion as it is the 'opium of the masses'. Karl Marx is right! And, I have never looked back. I am now married with a gorgeous son who is celebrating his 2nd birthday next month - still can't think what to get him. Maybe a trampeline...

Anyway, you'll know my mother when you go to Mutley Congregation in Plymouth Devon UK, she is the one wearing an Easter Bonnet on her head on memorial night. When I returned for a while I sat next to her once. She came in like she was royalty and even though the elder conducting the memorial did the prayer for the bread and then the wine - she did her own. She gulped the wine down and did a burp and took the biggest bite out of the unleavened bread and I could hear her crunching it through the rest of the meeting! Afterwards, she sat on her own at the front of the meeting and only one of the congregation's simpletons and a lost child spoke to her - she told me later that they would be blessed and the rest will have to answer to Jesus as they are supporting his chosen one, and showed me in scripture the bit about the apostles not being there for Jesus on his last night. Anyway, I made it art form to not sit next to her again. Everyone thinks that she is a loon and although she's my mother, I have to agree with them. She doesn't even live in Devon, she lives in Cornwall and gets the train back and forth from the meeting. No one has ever cared about the fact that she doesn't get home to midnight or offer to give her lift - but she alienates people by talking at them and not with them, and generally being odd. She doesn't go to her local meeting as the elders are against her (she is actually correct there).

Although I am DA'd she still talks to me occassionally because she says it wasn't announced so I am not technically. But when I do have the 'joy' of conversation with her, she rants on about her success with the Chinese immigrants and asks me when I am going to return to my father. I explain that he up'd and left some years ago and hasn't kept contact and she says no your true father. I know what she's getting at and what ever logical reasoning I give back to her, it falls on wasted ears. She displays all the symptoms of depression and if you dare try to bring this to her attention she will say that I am Satan trying to destroy her because she is a chosen one. She thinks the the CIA, MI5, FBI, George Bush, Tony Blair (the lot) are bugging her and as she is god's chosen one and when I recently tried to explain that JWs aren't that big a religion and if any bugging is going on it is on suspected Muslim Fundamentalists she tells me that she knew I would say that because they have told me to say this and everybody is against her - because she is (wait for it) a chosen one.

She makes more times for the Chinese than for her own grand-children for which she has 6. I have a sister and two brothers - we all left the religion and it's only her left in it. She doesn't talk to me brother because he is DA'd and it was announced, the other one never baptised so he get's the enlightening conversation from her from time to time, and my sister who has a baby boy (same age as mine) and lives with her boyfriend (hell-fire and sulphur) also gets enlightening conversation from her from time to time - she is also DA'd. So we're not quite sure how her logic works. All we know is that she seeks to divide and rule and she has lost control, so attention seeking in a congregation who couldn't care less about her is what she has opted for.

I look at her life and think it's totally wasted. She could have it so much better if she made time for her grand-children and dealt with her mental illness. But I don't think she'll ever admit that she has made a horrible mistake all these years and it makes me angry that I have to watch this and be powerless. I just know that my son (and hopefully more soon), will have a life that doesn't make him feel unworthy, lack confidence or embarrassed. I want him to embrase life and travel, go to university and better himself whenever the chances arise and I will do everything in my power to ensure that they do.

sounds like paranoid schizophrenia

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Woah, Bam... what a bizarre tale. What an experience... and it's your Mum. Amazing.

Seeker... I think you have it nailed. It's the "old-school" annointed (when they were annointing "en masse" at conventions!!!) who are/were much more tolerable, shall we say. The ones who took it upon themeselves to DECIDE that they were SURELY BETTER than all of the others in the congregation were pretty much by definition *NUT*BUCKETS*.

One was in my extended family... I didn't know her very well, but I know that she was ancient and doughy and dyed her hair the most unnatural shade of Bozo... and carried huge handfuls of change wrapped up in deterriorating Kleenex (tm) wads, stuffed into her brassiered bosom.

The other was always incredibly zealous, and married to an unbeliever. She always sat tall in the meetings and commented constantly. She mispronounced "apostles" by sounding out the "t". I was in field service with her once when we came to the house with the "palm readings" sign. Everyone else in the territory always passed it. Not this gal. She marched right up... I was a kid and I couldn't WAIT to see what would be in a palm reader's house! I remember it smelled really wonderful with the insence... and the householder was really lovely and receptive. Ha.

The other one I knew was old school. She was truly incredible. She seemed like she was a thousand years old if she was a day, and she had shrunk to an amazing fairy-tale grandmother size. She was tiny, and she lived in a VERY very tiny house. I'm telling you, she was fairy tale material all the way around. She was a great human... her eyes really sparkled and she never had a bad thing to say about anybody... but she had a very sweetly mischievious sense of humor. If folks do go to heaven, her being there would make it more palatable.

But yes, I mean, if someone decides themselves that they are annointed, doesn't that pretty much say it all right there?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

On a serious note. I only knew one member of the "annoted." She had a grip of kids, and was always trying to get her eldest daughter and I hooked up for future matrimony (we were both around 16 at the time). But she always had that "far away" look in her eyes. She seemed like a nice person, but kind of spacey.

Oh, I forgot, she gave 5 minute comments at the WT Study she would give. Ugh! That was tough, because she always sat in the far seat in one of the short side columns of seats that every King-dumb Hell had. So the mike runner had to stretch to give her the mike. She never held the mike, until once during one of her 5 minute comments, my hand began to shake, and I accidently popped her in the mouth with the mike. That was horrible. She had a fat lip because of it. She complained to my dad, and he told her that in the future she could either hold the mike steady or sit closer to the aisle.

• TheKings
    TheKings
    That was horrible. She had a fat lip because of it. She complained to my dad, and he told her that in the future she could either hold the mike steady or sit closer to the aisle.

to make someone else hold the mike for you while you elaborate ad infinitum is really arrogant..your dad got it right though ;)

i only knew one annointed person. she was very kind and quiet... very old. she sat in on my study once, but i hardly remember anything she said. she was quite a wallflower, however, she did have a sagely air about her... a quiet pride that you could see in her eyes. though i did not know her very well i think she did think herself to be particularly 'wise' and gave advice to anyone who asked, especially about demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit