Personality of "Anointed" JWs

by Smiles 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smiles
    Smiles

Did you notice any similarities in the personalities of "anointed" JWs?

Did they use their anointed status for personal advantage?

Were they the most loving person you ever met?

Were they moody and strange?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Only one that I personally knew was a woman who was my friends mom. She was in her early 40's at the time (early 60s now)and had been 'anointed' for several years. She was nice enough, a bit distant. Of course we could not ask her about her anointed-ness which drove nosy nelly(me) nuts-and that probably made her SEEM more distant to me. I wanted to know all about that phenomenon. I went to a memorial a few years ago to see if anything had changed, and heard the best(really) memorial sermon ever. The guy was 'anointed' and actually spoke a LOT about Jesus, and mostly in a very biblical way. He seemed very loose about JW teachings and I practically thought he was going to invite us all to partake! It was almost surreal. He was quite charming, 70-80 years old and I might have stayed if I didn't know how rare he was! Cool dude. Hope he didn't get disfellowshipped over that (any scandals in Pierce County, WA?)

• Gill
    Gill

I knew three and they were aloof, critical and not the friendliest of people!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Smiles,

Did they use their anointed status for personal advantage?

We had two in the congregation I was from. Only for a short stint though.

One was suffering from menopause which caused her to desire the extra attention that goes with being "annointed".

The other one was just a crazy old nutjob who did nothing but clean toilets for a living. Being "annointed" along with the title of "elder" really stroked his ego. It made him one of the worse power-monger I've ever met. He used to tell some of the craziest stories about when the big A would arrive, having many of the older women in awe.

Dismembered

• Honesty
    Honesty

I personally know one. She's my ex sister-in-law.

She is very adept at shunning me.

Matter of fact, before she found out she was 'anointed' she was all loving and kind to everyone but that all changed after her God reached out and touched her with his spirit.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually I have known about 50 anointed over my lifetime, 3/4 of those who were pre-1935. I found that they all exhibited a variety of personalities just like JWs do that aren't anointed.

So all the traits you mentioned about "anointed" I have seen in those who aren't anointed as well.

Blondie

• Clam
    Clam

We had a married couple in our Congo who were "anointed."

They were very aloof and very unapproachable.

Far from it. They were as cold as ice.

They were very strange. The brother in question spent a lot of his time handing out literature in the local shopping mall. Locals grew to see him as not quite right in the head. The sister walked around like she had a bad smell under her nose and appeared very vain.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

What is a Jehovah's Witness psychopath? http://www.psychopath-research.com/whatis_psycho_1.html

What makes them tick?You probably know the short answer.

NO conscience
    (Or one that has been totally burned out from constant blaspheme)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22) I jeer you... 'go up ye baldhead' 2 Kings 2 :23

Go up ye baldhead Anointed false prophet pedophile protector

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The two anointed I knew both happened to be rather potty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit