THE END IS NEAR

by Mary 73 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    They were just wandering around looking bored.

I saw the same thing on two streets in my neighborhood.

I would just like to say that bible prophesies are being fulfilled.

This is what people in every century have said about their own generation. Every generation thinks they're special. That is why Jesus plainly said: "Look out that nobody misleads you; ... see that you are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. .... Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. Look! I have forewarned you."

Frank

• delilah
    delilah

What I think is REALLY sad, is the fact that so many elderly ones, have come this far, believing that they will never die,and here they are again, preaching the end is nigh. For their sakes, I hope to God it's true. They've spent their entire lives, built on fear....fear of dying....fear of not making it into paradise if they don't get X amount of hours in...FEAR, FEAR, FEAR.

Mary's aunt gave me a copy of the new tract the other day, and she had tears in her eyes, as she spoke about the end, possibly starting, within a few weeks....once this tract was in the hands of every person, worldwide. She said they've been told it WILL be the beginning of the end. She has spent all her life, trying to please God, by going door to door....out of FEAR.

My grandparents are no exception. Have these ones really wasted their lives, believing in a man-made religion, that has bilked them out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, over the years, promising them life in a paradise on earth? I FEAR, they have.

• I quit!
    I quit!

What I think is REALLY sad, is the fact that so many elderly ones, have come this far, believing that they will never die,and here they are again, preaching the end is nigh. For their sakes, I hope to God it's true. They've spent their entire lives, built on fear....fear of dying....fear of not making it into paradise if they don't get X amount of hours in...FEAR, FEAR, FEAR

Mary's aunt gave me a copy of the new tract the other day, and she had tears in her eyes, as she spoke about the end, possibly starting, within a few weeks

I have the same thing in my family Delilah. Seventy and eighty plus years old. In the Tower for over 40 years and still can't see they have been fool. Or maybe they do but for a multitude of reasons can't admit it. If the Watchtower was a car and they were so mislead as to the features and it kept brakiing down they would never buy that make again yet with the Watchtower they keep right on believing and fooling themselves. Proof of the mind control and the insidious way this cult is set up to keep people as its slaves.
  • Quandry
    Quandry

According to the quote, the Book Children was offered to children at the conventions in 1941 and the children were admonished to spend six hours a day talking to others about the book until school started. Parents were to take their children to do this if they would have their children live. I wonder how many of the people present, fearing for their children's lives, made them go out in service six hours a day as suggested!!

The lives of misery resulting from fear. Losing a childhood to become little pioneers. Wonder how they feel now-the ones who were children at that time? The big A did not come in the months ahead as promised. Are some bitter old folks?

• Mary
    Mary
    According to the quote, the Book Children was offered to children at the conventions in 1941 and the children were admonished to spend six hours a day talking to others about the book until school started. Parents were to take their children to do this if they would have their children live.

You've got to be kidding.......six hours a day??!! Was that to be done during or after school? Do you have a reference for this? That's something I'd love to read.....and just think! Those children in 1941 are now telling their grandchildren and great grandchildren the same damn lies they were taught!! Unbelievable.

• gumby
    gumby

You've got to be kidding.......six hours a day??!! Was that to be done during or after school?

Don't listen to this evil woman brothers and sisters....she has no appreciation for spiritual things and she would rather see these kids out building tree houses and forts and watchin TV and playin with their computor games instead of tellin other folks the end will be here soon like good kida oughta be doin. Besides....if these kids have too much time on their hands they'll just get involved in self abuse or fornication and end up standin in the food stamp line with pregnant wives at the age of 15 wishin they woulda spend more time in the ministry and saved themselves all that heartache.

Mary is very worldly and might even be a prostitute....I'm doin a backround check on her as we speak.

Gumbiblestudent

• freetosee
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Mary's aunt gave me a copy of the new tract the other day, and she had tears in her eyes, as she spoke about the end, possibly starting, within a few weeks....once this tract was in the hands of every person, worldwide.

Apologists should really pay attention to that comment. If it's so easy to pretend 1914, 1925, 1975, etc. didn't happen and no one really thought the end was coming....well, it's happening before your very eyes again right now. Once again, the wts has the opportunity to lay the smack down on this nonsense, if they really think it's nonsense. If they did, they'd be pulling people who made such predictions into the back rooms and marking them if they didn't knock it off. Instead, what are they doing?

(listens to crickets)

They let these poor people go around scared out of their wits. How loving.

PS-How do they propose to get the tract into the hands of every person worldwide? They aren't even in some countries.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

"She said they've been told it WILL be the beginning of the end." (Mary's Aunt).

I am SO incensed about this - I've read similar sentiments in other threads here during the past few days, and it must makes me sick to my stomach that the WTBTS bastards are once again BLATANTLY LYING to the sheep.

When I got home from work last night I had a tract put inbetween my storm door and front door. I can't say if the Witnesses (who would be from my old congregation) had called 2x before or if they just left the tract on the first go-around. I am going to mail it back to the Kingdom Hall with a letter telling them EXACTLY what I think of their lies and garbage, something I did not do in my DA letter. No one will ever see it except the person who opens the mail, but it sure will make me feel better! I feel sorry for the rank and file, so deceived.

• juni
    juni

Everyone's talking about getting this damn tract and I haven't seen one yet!!

I do live in a very small rural town so maybe they skipped us. Or maybe they placed them at the Kelley farm down the road? Quick placements - throw 'em to the cattle.

Prolly the cows are chewin 'em as I write. Hopefully they won't turn sour in their stomachs.

Gumbelder!

Yer always including me in your dastardly deeds. I told ya already I'm beyond savin'.

Your faithful conc,

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit