THE END IS NEAR

by Mary 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

With all the ridiculous hype amongst the Dubs about how this new tract is going to help bring about "the end", I thought it would be beneficial to highlight how often they've been crying that the sky is falling in the last 1/2 century:

***w50 2/15 p. 54" Stick to Your Work"*** Now is the time to live and work as Christians, especially now, for the final end is near.

w50 11/1 p.406 New Systems of Things***The fact now that the weeping and gnashing of the teeth of the rejected unworthy ones has begun proves we are near the climax of the dividing work and that the accomplished end is near upon this world

w51 9/1 p.541 Not Remaining Silent on the World’s Doom*** Accompanying that rule, just as foretold, confusion, disease, wars and distress rip through the ranks of the crumbling old world; its end is near.

w58 10/15p. 637 Public Address: God’s Kingdom Rules—Is the World’s End Near?*** We know not the day or hour, but the world’s end is near.

w59 1/1p.8" Stay by These Things"*** and Jehovah’s witnesses, being true to their assignment, have let the world know in all principal languages that God’s kingdom rules and the world’s end is near.

w59 3/1 p.150 Explaining God’s Signs and Wonders*** our preaching of this message is proof that this world’s end is near. True, this exposes us to persecution, and this persecution will doubtless increase in intensity against all of us when Gog of Magog attacks.

***w59 3/15 p.179 Helpers Toward Walking Wisely*** The overshadowing fact of today, that God’s kingdom rules and therefore the old world’s end is near, this fact should dominate our lives.

***w59 4/15 p.239 The Perfect Ruler for Man’s Government*** on Sunday, August 3, 1958, there were 253,922 persons who listened to the hour-long address on the subject "God’s Kingdom Rules—Is the World’s End Near?" The world’s complete end is near, the speaker said.

***w60 6/1 p.324 Is Our Civilization Facing a Fall?*** The increasing disregard for moral standards is a foretold indication that its end is near.

***w63 1/1 p.16 How Strong Is Your Faith?*** The time of the end is near!

***w67 3/1 p.152 Were You Once a Kingdom Publisher?*** It is vitally urgent that you become an active Christian now! Why? Because the time is short. The end is near!

***w70 12/15 p.758 End of Worldwide Witnessing Gets Nearer*** But all evidence is persuasive that the climactic end is near.

***w72 11/1 p.660 Is a Fiery End Really Near?*** So a fiery end is near for Christendom. Her religious organizations will be destroyed.

***w73 12/15 p.739 Earth’s Rulers for a Thousand Years*** But its end is near

***w74 10/15 p.634 Growing in Appreciation for the "Divine Purpose"*** Correct, therefore, was the headline in the Milwaukee Journal, "THE END IS NEAR, WITNESSES SAY." The article noted: "There is a feeling of urgency among the estimated 41,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses meeting at County Stadium through Sunday.

***w83 7/1p.7 A Pleasure-Loving World About to End!*** "The End" Is Near!

***w84 11/15 p.23 "The Time Left Is Reduced" ***Then, too, there has been a dwindling in the number of those of "this generation" of 1914, which is not to pass away before the fulfillment of all that Jesus foretold for our time. (Matthew 24:34) This is another clear indication that this system’s end is near.

***w85 8/1 p.10 True Christians Are Kingdom Preachers*** Today, "the end" is near indeed.

***w87 2/1 p.29 Do You Have an Inquiring Mind?*** Today, world events provide overwhelming evidence that the end is near

***w93 6/1 p.16 BeSound in Mind—The End Is Close*** Thus, when a choice is presented, for example, in education, career, employment, entertainment, recreation, clothing style, or whatever it may be, his first inclination will be to consider the matter from a spiritual rather than a fleshly, selfish viewpoint. This new mental attitude makes it easier to decide matters with soundness of mind and with the awareness that the end is near.

***w95 10/15p.21 How Will You Stand Before the Judgment Seat?***the world’s final end is near

***w96 1/1p.11 Jehovah Gives Peace and Truth in Abundance***As evidence that the pouring out of these plagues continues, the talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of KingdomNews.

***w97 3/1p.11 Are You Ready for Jehovah’s Day?***Hence, the end is near for this wicked system of things.

***w98 9/15 p.18 Waiting in"Eager Expectation"*** These anointed ones know that this wicked system’s end is near,

***w00 1/15 p.12 "Keep on the Watch"*** What is one way that we can keep in expectation of the end? It is by paying close attention to the evidence that the end is near.

***w01 2/1 p.19 Are You Living Up to Your Dedication?***Yes, let us not be lukewarm regarding our dedication, but let us be "aglow with the spirit," zealous down to the end—and the end is near

***w03 12/15p.14 Our Watchfulness Takes On Greater Urgency*** We must have firm conviction that "the end of all things has drawn close." (1 Peter 4:7) Only then will our watchfulness take on a sense of urgency. Hence, the question that we must reflect on is: ‘What will help us to strengthen our conviction that the end is near?

I find the last one quite interesting as it reveals alot about the mindset of the WTS leadership. They clearly are saying that unless the R&F have "the end" constantly waved in their faces, they will not be enthusiastic Christians. Therefore, it makes no difference to the GB if The End is near or not----as long as they give the impression that it's close, then they've achieved their goal; temporarily at least.

I can't even imagine how disappointed and downhearted all the older faithful Dubs are going to be when they realize a year or so down the road, that this "urgent message" inside the tract, didn't do squat to bring about The End.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Now, where have I heard that before? *scratches head in wonder*

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Great information Mary, I am sure that one of the local jws will be dropping one off an my house soon, wife had studied with a few of them and they call occasionally, this 'important news <gag>' is sure to bring them by.

• Confession
    Confession

I agree with your thoughts on the last quotation, Mary...

We must have firm conviction that "the end of all things has drawn close." (1 Peter 4:7) Only then will our watchfulness take on a sense of urgency.

I thought we weren't supposed to be "serving for a date." It would appear they are now clearly teaching that that "date" is integral to our effectively "serving."

• ballistic
    ballistic

I saw THE END IS NEAR and remembered I was nearly out of toilet roll.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Yes exactly Mary, and isn’t this the very thing Jesus warned his disciples about when asked about "the conclusion of the system of things"!

(NASB) Luke 21:8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, `I am He,' and, `The time is near.' Do not go after them.

fts

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

***w96 1/1p.11 Jehovah Gives Peace and Truth in Abundance***As evidence that the pouring out of these plagues continues, the talk "False Religion’s End Is Near" was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of KingdomNews.

Does that mean that in 1995 they had a tract with the same name?

• Mary
    Mary
    Does that mean that in 1995 they had a tract with the same name?

I'm not sure.....good question! Anyone know for sure?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Thank you, Mary.

I remember my ex uncle in law telling me how the JWs said in the 50's the End is near. Now that I see the quotes, I see what he was talking about.

• return visitor
    return visitor

Mary, let me get this straight you are saying that the WTS has been saying for the last 50 years that the end is near? How can that be?

Seriously, good work.

Just one question, how long does it take you to research something like that?

RV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit