Dubs out with kn37

by fullofdoubtnow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I just took the dog a walk, and saw 4 dubs at the top of our street, trying to place kn37. This is, of course, the first official day of thecampaign, so I expext to see a few more of them than usual over the next few days, but it's not often I see them at this time of day (3:10pm when I spotted them)

They all know me, and when they saw me walking towards them with the dog, who does admittedly look a bit fearsome, being a pit bull/staffordshire bull terrier cross, they looked a little nervous, as if they thought I was going to set him on to them. Of course, they didn't speak, and cowered at a door as I walked past. I walked about 50 yards past them, to the park where he has his run, and looked back at them, and they were staring at me, with sort of blank expressions on their faces. I saw them again as I walked back, and I imagine they might be working their way down here soon, but won't knock on my door of course. What they don't know is that everyone in this block of flats and the next couple, as well as a few over the road, have already seen the tract, thanks to us,so they might get some unexpected reactions when they get down this end of the street.

I don't know why they bother. As far as most people round here are concerned, they're delivering more junk mail for the refuse collectors to dispose of.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yup, seen them this morning around here.

I read the tract. I don't really see it as special, nor getting big results. I still say it's to
    keep JW's busy and think they are doing something, but keep costs down.

• Woofer
    Woofer

They were probably wishing they could be enjoying the day with their pooch instead of knocking!

Ahhhh the joys of no longer being a dub - FREE TIME!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I can one-up you on that. They pushed one through my door at 10am this morning. The spineless wonders didn't even knock my door. I looked up the street a few minutes later and I'm pretty sure it was my ex-Father-in-Law, posting and running at every door.

They know fine well that I'm active in my local church, but have never contacted me in near five years, so the tract title "The End of False Religion is Near!" is a hoot. I'm thinking of writing to the local press with a few refutations, given that the tract suggests that false religion:

• Meddles in Politics - UN, anyone?
    • Spreads False Doctrine - Like birthdays are condemned, Jesus is an angel, and the end is still really near!
    • Tolerates Immoral Sex - Like child molesting Elders!

Basically it really goes to town on particularly the Catholic church, which is ironic as this area is predominantly Protestant, with about 1% of the population being Catholic. Aside from that they emphasise their Christianity by refering to "a widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ", and including only three "Jesus said"-type quotations.

Additionally it suggests of the true religion that it:

• Practices Love - can ya feel the love in the shunning?
    • Trusts God's Word - but the WT more
    • Strengthens Families and Upholds High Moral Standards - unless your family member is an exJW, in which case you treat them like shyte

I feel so inspired by their loving scriptural counsel. Can you tell?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm sure I read in a post a while ago that the idea with the tract is to record every placement, and presumably follow it up later. Maybe it was your ex father - in - law having his idea of a joke with you LT. Surely, he wouldn't be defying the instructions of the wts?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Good post, LT!

Linda, what makes you think it was your dog they were afraid of?

Ian

• juni
    juni

Thanks for the warning Linda. I'll be looking for it. Though we live in a very small rural town pop. 2000. 2 Lutheran churches here. I've only been contacted once in 4 years.

Those hypocrites! Pot calling the kettle black.

Juni have some tea my British friends.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Linda, what makes you think it was your dog they were afraid of?

Well, they looked very nervous Ian, and I can assure you, as Trev would confirm (or else lol!) that there's nothing in the least bit scary about me. Actually, they are down this end of the street now, in the next block to this one. Maybe I'll let the dog out to sit in the foyer of our block.......

• wifey
    wifey

Yep, saw some this morning when I went to get my grandaughter from pre-school. All I could think was "thank god I don't do that any more." What a waste of time.

Wifey

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Linda:That was what surprised me, but I watched them zoom up the street. They were clear of the whole area within an hour. They'll never get their Pioneer hours in that way, will they?!!

I'm looking forward to writing that piece for the press. I'll get my Thursday exam out of the way first, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit