Dubs out with kn37

by fullofdoubtnow 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Poppy:
    My first thought was that it reminded me of the Armageddon tract, too. I'm afraid you're a little bit out with thinking that it was only 15 years old, though

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

moshe - I bet your garden rake could tell a few stories, lol.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The good news! ...........yea that is what we need..........

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    My first thought was that it reminded me of the Armageddon tract, too. I'm afraid you're a little bit out with thinking that it was only 15 years old, though

Damn, that is definitely dementia setting in when you think things are a lot younger than they are (all the policemen look about 17 nowadays too!)

I suppose you're right, I used to distribute that tract when I was first regular pioneering, and I left school in 1985.

My excuse is all the brain washing made me lose several years!

Poppy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No body has offered me one. Not even my family. My wife has made no mention of any activities.

Several weeks ago she commented on a new background on one of the computers. Lightning in the sunset. She wondered if it was a photo I had taken

"Naaah. Just something I found on the net".

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Does anyone have a link to a concise, point-by-point refutation of the tract? Suitable for sending to newspapers, etc. and for handing out at the door when the JW's call? If one (apostate) person wrote a two page, fact- and quote-filled paper, we could all use it to great advantage. Unwittingly, the WTS is providing a great opportunity to the apostate community to take advantage of this wave of publicity.
    yea...anyone? tract refutation would be sweet. I received mine yesterday...the bs sister handed it to me after our bs study. lisa

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

If anyone does see a refutation of the tract, please do post it here, plus would love to see any ideas of articles on the publication for the local news media, I had limited success with the Lawrence Hughes blood issue in our local papers, now that this publication will be littering many neighborhoods, some truth on "the truth" may be good for people to hear!!!

• Jez
    Jez

They stopped by my house this afternoon with one. Didn't know I lived here, I almost had to rip it out of their hand.

I stood outside and listened to their conversation starter, at every single house they said, "Hi, we are doing a community service and providing our message on this tract." Handed it to them and took off. They were zooming down the street.

Community service???? How about a food bank? Helping the homeless? Christmas gift boxes? Volunteering at a charity that really really helps people?

Ppl did not look impressed, I was thinking, "Community service, telling me that my church and all I love in it is FALSE and doomed to be destroyed by God and that JWs are the only true religion? Get stuffed." (not that I have a church, other ppl I mean)

I read the tract, recycled information, nothing new. Same ol' "every other religion is false, we are true, join us before it is too late."

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit