evolution or creation? lets talk...

by Sam87 537 Replies latest jw friends

• Beardo
    Beardo
    Before I came to the “place” I’m at now, I liked the idea of a sentient force pervading the universe, sort of a cosmic, universal consciousness, if you will. But my liking the idea doesn’t make it so.

I'm sure that most atheists would love to find evidence of sentience in the universe, but lacking that, we can only go on what we know, don’t you think?

I think - therefore I am .. hmm.

Human consciousness itself is a marvel, as are the various faculties of the imagination. I create fantastic landscapes when I dream and am capable of such wonders there within, that I appear to have no limits. I can paint pictures and create music - stimulate my senses in many wonderful ways.

I see artwork everywhere I turn and everything is alive and calls out to me.

Under every rock I see genius at work.

For me - life itself is living proof of sentience. Even water is said to live in the occult world - infact there is the notion of ' everything ' being alive - even those things we would class as dead in this contemporary age.

How does the flower crane its neck and turn towards the sun? What force drives it to do so.

Fair enough - I understand where you are coming from and hope you are wrong. When I feel life flowing through all things, my universe sparkles & glitters - when I believe this is all there is and nothing lies beyond, my universe turns to dust.

*** On a side note - my friend saw strange smoke form in his house tonight and continues to see large orbs of light free-floating around the house. His girlfriend has witnessed the same phenomenon. He went to have his eyes checked last week (they were fine) and also called in an electrician - as his lights and other electrical equipment are being affected when these things occur.

• acsot
    acsot

hooberus: what the hell is a materialist evolutionist?

I consider myself a spiritual evolutionist, as in Buddhist-Taoist spiritualism, which accepts evolution for what it is, science.

Maybe you should read AuldSoul's and AlanF's discussion on intelligent design (uncapitalized) so that you can read my post on the definitions of theory, hypothesis, fact.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I have been ask: Prove God exist: I ask:

Can anyone prove that God does not exist? That is my answer.

• Dansk
    Dansk

TopHat,

I'm afraid your reverse question is typical of theists. You see, the onus is on YOU and other Creationists to prove the existence of God. I think evolutionists have done a jolly good job of disproving the existence of a creator, actually, which is why anyone so adamant that God exists should supply the evidence.

Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat

No No NO...you are NOT going to get off that easy Ian...evolution is NOT a fact and does NOT prove that God does NOT exist.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ian,

I'm afraid your reverse question is typical of theists. You see, the onus is on YOU and other Creationists to prove the existence of God. I think evolutionists have done a jolly good job of disproving the existence of a creator, actually, which is why anyone so adamant that God exists should supply the evidence.

Disproving the existence of a Creator was never the motive of evolutionists, using visible evidence to prove or disprove a hypothesis was the motive. It is the scientific method. This methodology has no flaws in the long-term and the evidence thus far supports this hypothesis.

The Creationists motive is quiite clear, that is to begin with a conclusion and then attempt to mould facts to suit this agenda. This is the unscientific method. It is deeply flawed and relies on faith and the manipulation of facts to survive.

HS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tophat

Actually, i agree w you that evolution does not prove that god doesn't exist. It's just that it gives evidence that god isn't needed in the development of the species. Remember that evolution is not about the origin of life.

Another thing, a negative cannot be proved. For instance, can you prove to me that darth vader doesn't exist somewhere in the constellation sagitarius?

S

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Remember that evolution is not about the origin of life.

You'll admit your origins do require a start. And where does that leave you?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

There have been a string of radio programmes on BBC Radio 4 recently that tackle many of the questions and viewpoints that Auld Soul posits. Emminent biologists acknowledge the fact that we know *at present* very little about the function of cells, but that this does not of itself determine whether a mysterious force is involved in the seeming complusion of primitive life forms to survive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/whatremains.shtml

These programs are well worth wading through. I would especially recommend that Top Hat listen to these programmes - before reaching a conclusion about the issues.

HS

• TopHat
    TopHat

Here we go round and round...nothing new...just the same old, same old, tired analogies.

If anyone could prove anything..it would have been said by now. How many days ago did this thread begin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit