evolution or creation? lets talk...

by Sam87 537 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

TopHat: If anyone could prove anything..it would have been said by now. How many days ago did this thread begin!

What would you like 'proved'. The proof of evolution or the proof of Jewish/Christian Creationism?

steve

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

elderwho

You'll admit your origins do require a start. And where does that leave you?

How do you mean that? I'm sort of a mystic.

S

How do I mean what?

• zagor
    zagor

I can't believe this thread is still running ...

Ok here is my contribution to keep it afloat lol

alt

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't think that tophat is trolling. I think that she is drowning in information and fighting blindly for air.

elderwho

The unanswered question standoff. Explain your question, first.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Further to my rebuttal to tophat's claim that god is out of time, therefor has no beginning. I add the fact that what became the universe also was outside of time, ie, there was only time as we know it on the inside of the universe, not outside of it. Since the universe developed in a timeless environment (the same claimed for god), then if god always was, it would logically follow that the universe also always existed. We are fairly sure that that is false. Therefore, on the same basis, it would be false to say that god always existed.

S

• freetosee
    freetosee

It is simple Satanus: God is OUTSIDE the realm of time as we know it.

God created time. The statement of Genesis, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,”is making reference to the creation of time.

Where does the bible say God created time?

Dido: All the proof we need to give is read the creation account in Genesis, what more can i add?
    the existence of neanderthal is what i don`t agree with...

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Satanus,

No Mexican standoff intended.

The unanswered question standoff. Explain your question, first.

Not sure of where your coming from, anyway, Even if you hold a mystic position or mystisism, are you not curious of a start?

EW

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

LOL on all of the "Scientists" posting on this subject......LMFAOROF

• CatOnARoof
    CatOnARoof

Both theories lack rationality on their own... Humans only "recently" discovered that the Earth isnt flat... I doubt we have come so far to know where entire universe comes from and how it all happened. Refusal to accept the fact that we dont know all the answers is a sign of blindness. ... Typical human stubborness.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Cat,

Both theories lack rationality on their own...

I could not disagree more.

While we do not have *all* the answers, it is what we *do* have the answers to that is important in such a discussion. We must be asking ourselves 'what does the weight of evidence so far uncovered, prove?'. We may live in a Universe of limited answers, but what answers we do have the questions to clearly evidences the rationality of a believe in the evolutionary process.

For example, the ancient primitive mind looked on the sun as a God. We now know what makes up the body of the sun and how it brings what we know as life to the earth. We also know that there are countless billions of suns. What was once God, is no longer God.

The weight of evidence is firmly planted in the camp of the evolutionist. There are of course those who chose to ignore the evidence, or those who throw their hands in the air saying 'we do not understand this process completely, therefore it must be wrong', and even those who *prefer* to believe in take a Creationist position because they can feel the soothing heat of the sun on their faces, but none of this dents the evidence that has been uncovered so far. Rather than the evolutionary position weakening these past two hundred years, it has strengthened each decade due to the discovery of new evidence.

Creationism is *not* a sustainable position. Many traditional Creationists have moved position on the matter recognizing that their previously held view is untenable and have opted for the Intelligent Design option, which in itself speaks volumes. I do not agree with you that evolution lacks rationality and I would be interested to hear why you believe so.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit