Revelation 1.17 Jesus divinity? Or just "the first" raised from the dead"?

by Hellrider 239 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

I think you're missing the point. Your question was based upon that idea. Without that idea, the question was not valid. Get it?

OK where did the WT get that idea? You tell me.

The Bible’s Viewpoint

Who Is Michael the Archangel?

While there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus, there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel. In his letter to the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul prophesied: "The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16) In this scripture Jesus is described as having assumed his power as God’s Messianic King. Yet, he speaks with "an archangel’s voice." Note, too, that he has the power to raise the dead.

And no I don't get it.

The fact that you admit that Jesus is both flesh and spirit (dual nature) works for me, but it looks like it separates you from the society, because you're telling us that the WT's wrong. I'm OK with that!

Keep up the good work!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Yet, he speaks with "an archangel’s voice." Note, too, that he has the power to raise the dead.

Mondo1 says:

It doesn't say that is his voice.

Oh boy!

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

I didn't say Jesus is both flesh and spirit, possessing a dual nature. Not once. Obviously you misunderstood. As for where they got Jesus is Michael, I'd venture to say from the Protestant reformers.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

D Dog asked:

is he human (like me or you)? Or spirit, you know like say..., an angel?

Mondo said:

It was the first time you'd asked me if he was flesh or spirit.
    The answer is sorta both.
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

As for where they got Jesus is Michael, I'd venture to say from the Protestant reformers.

I thought the WT recieved their light or spiritual food from God.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

You had said: "This "resurrected man" with an archangel's voice, is he human (like me or you)? Or spirit, you know like say..., an angel?"

My reply was if he was a man or a spirit, and I said both, not in that he had a dual nature, but in that a resurrected man is spirit.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

The record speaks for itself. We all can read what you said,

but in that a resurrected man is spirit.

Hmmm!

John 11:43 And when he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice: "Laz'a·rus, come on out!" 44The [man] that had been dead came outwith his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his countenance was bound about with a cloth. Jesus said to them: "Loose him and let him go."

I wonder why that spirit named Lazarus couldn't get those grave wrappings off?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ew

Joh 12:9

Then a great crowd of the Jews learned that He was there. And they did not come for Jesus' sake only, but also that they might see Lazarus, whom He had raised from the dead. 10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus to death also,

I wonder why (and how) the chief priests wanted to kill a spirit?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Apples and oranges. We are talking about THE resurrection, not a temporary return to life. The one where immortality is put on. The one that is spoken of in Phil. 3 where it says that the individuals "change." No such change took place in those texts.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

DDog,

It's amazing the hoops that have to be jump through. Did you notice that what came down from heaven was never addressed, and now what goes back to heaven is now un-answerable as well.

• It starts out as Michael the Angel in heaven, he goes away somewhere, no answer
    • something comes down and dwells in Marys womb, whats that? no answer
    • Logically you would have a dual nature, 1angel+1man=2 natures. no answer
    • Jesus fleshly body is disloved into gases by Jehovah, scriptual proof, no answer
    • Michaels where-abouts during Christs' 33 year visit to the earth. no answer
    • Michael is re-animated from somewhere, scriptual proof, no answer
    • Michael appears to Mary and others with different body, scriptual proof, no answer
    • Michael returns to heaven as a spirit he once was, but he's part man...? no answer
    • What body does Michael now inhabit, not Jesus' thats gone, disloved...no answer

What to do with Christ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit