Revelation 1.17 Jesus divinity? Or just "the first" raised from the dead"?

by Hellrider 239 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Obviously not. I can only speculate that he has the ability to instantly look at any moment in time and see what takes place.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ok, thanks for that

So, here's my take on it. He's everywhere and everywhen, all at the same time. The essence of an eternal nature is that it is not bound by time. In fact, to my way of understanding, time was created along with this universe as a teardrop in the midst of eternity. When the universe ends and time stops, eternity goes on - because it always was, always is, and always will be.

And linking it back to the thread: Heb.13:8.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    ellderwho,

Will you stop acting so immature please?

LOL, why do you avoid questions that I ask? This isnt the first time you've created wiggle room in your defense and you know it. You have not shown by any means what exactly came down from heaven and took residence in the womb of Mary. My feeling is you cannot say what came down, lest you accept a dual nature. Dont forget the Society teaches Jesus is Dead and gone. Your sounding like you did when I asked your where did Christ get his glory, and after all the smoke and mirrors, it came down to your imagination being your only best defense.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Yes, but a resurrected man.

Wait a minute! Who's body does he have. One that had similar holes, like the Forever book tells us?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Hebrews 13:8 does nothing to show Christ as eternal. Even Gill confesses this.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

Yes, but a resurrected man.

A "resurrected man" with an archangel's voice! Hmmm!

1Th 4:16

because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice and with God's trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

You wouldn't be trying to deceive us would you? This "resurrected man" with an archangel's voice, is he human (like me or you)? Or spirit, you know like say..., an angel?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

It doesn't say that is his voice.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

I just quoted your NWT! They are not my words.

Are you going to answer my questions?

You wouldn't be trying to deceive us would you? This "resurrected man" with an archangel's voice, is he human (like me or you)? Or spirit, you know like say..., an angel?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Your question was based upon a false premise, so I corrected you, making it rather pointless to answer the question. The answer is sorta both. He is a resurrected man, but in the resurrection we note in Phil 3 that the body is "changed" and the change takes it from flesh to spirit. (1Pet. 3:18)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ew

Do you think Mondo is pulling our leg? Or do you think he just doesn't know what the WT teaches?

17 "War broke out in heaven: Michael [who is the resurrected Jesus Christ] and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. ‘On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.’"—Revelation 12:7-9, 12.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit