Revelation 1.17 Jesus divinity? Or just "the first" raised from the dead"?

by Hellrider 239 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ellderwho

I guess that depends on how you wish to define nature, but it is not how I define it and that does not fit the Trinitarian sense.

I wish you would stop bringing up the trinity, you are making Mondo nervous

I guess Mondo thinks there is a difference between God the Son becoming human and Jesus the angel/a god becoming human. Mondo Your silence, says it all! Keep working on it! splain it to us!
  • Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

Nah, he is not, you just do not understand the hypostatic union . Neither God nor Angel ( they divine,spirit natures, Jhn 4:24) is a nature.... the life-force of one who had a *spirit, divine* nature being transferred into a human nature does not in anyway resemble the hypostatic union which maintains that both natures are kept simultaneously. .

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

ellderwho,

Will you stop acting so immature please?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

littletoe,

I don't think we have any way of knowing. The Bible doesn't tell us and so we can only speculate. The lamb being slain before the foundation of the world (age) is prophetic. It was as done because God said it would be. The "world" though is the "age" that began when Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden. So I don't see how this tells us anything about time.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

DD,

Well if you want to call him an angel.. lets do it for the sake of discussion. He is not an angel/human because he no longer exists as an angel. He isn't 50/50 or 100/100 as Trinitarians would oxymoronically say. He is 100% human in his existence, he simply had another mode of existence prior.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

He is not an angel/human because he no longer exists as an angel.

What form does he have, today, as we speak? Is he still a man today?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Yes, but a resurrected man.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mondo:
    A lot of this is philosophical anyhow, so no worries on the speculation front. I'm just interested in your opinion, and don't particularly care to attempt to change it.

The lamb being slain before the foundation of the world (age) is prophetic.

So how do you understand this prophetic ability? Did God simply plan everything out and tell folks what He planned (total predestination), or did he take a glimpse into the future?

If the latter, then is this by virtue of ability or might it be construed as some function of his "eternal" nature? After all, it's a pretty bold statement to use the title "first and last", yes? For someone who is "I AM", existing in all times and places, this might not be such a feat, though it is pretty hard for a finitre human mind to comprehend...

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

For this, he both predestined and foresaw. I would argue that it is by ability and not by nature. Though one might say that one's ability can be tied into their nature, though not always.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So continuing with the speculating, for a moment. Do you think he has a world-sized crystal ball, or how else do you think he does the ole "seeing into the future" parlour trick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit