Question: Demons

by ladybug25 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Ladybug, since I was a little girl I have had terrible demonic experiences.
    They stopped when I left the JW's "in my mind for good"....after I was about 35 years old.
    I will tell you this, there is no one that can convince me they were not real or did not happen. It was physical and mental.

It quite definitely is "physical and mental" (i.e. 'of the mind', not 'deranged')

2 things stand out for me. When I was a little girl, I use to sleep with my cat. I was petting the cat and suddenly the cat turned to iron (like a door stop) and out of the corner of the room came a white aberation telling me to hate god, over and over again
    I started screaming for my parents.
    The other was when I was young teenager and we had someone at bethal come and stay at our home. They were given my bedroom and I was to sleep on a mattress downstairs.
    After watching the slide show, I slipped into that bed and suddenly it was lifting off the floor and spining. I KID YOU NOT. I screamed and screamed, my mom and dad came running down the stairs and the damn thing landed. They did not question what happened as I had just layed down.
    I had many more horrific experiences but those 2 stand out. Don't mean to scare you. To this day I do not sleep well.
    I get up 4 to 5 times a night, to go out and smoke. The only difference is I have two beautiful dogs that get up and watch over me.

Why would the demons bother to stop lifting your bed simply because some powerless humans walked into the room? If the 'demons' turned your cat into a lump of iron, what good would the dogs do?

Take care....you'll be ok. Its only while your in the JW's this crap happens as far as I am concerned.

Groups such as JWs (and others) allow a person to become convinced that demonic attacks are a possiblity, so anything that they cannot otherwise explain, (which could be purely imagined, misunderstood, or stress-induced, etc) can be put down to 'demons'.

If anyone is experiencing these conditions, they should recognize them as a symptom of a broader problem (which could be stress, lack of sleep, medication (side effect of existing, or need for), or any of various other conditions), and identify and treat the cause.

While it is convenient to get upset with anyone who denies the reality of experiences which may seem very real, it does nothing to rectify what could actually be a very real problem that has nothing to do with the paranormal.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

By_Blood_Imortal

I'm just curious how someone who does not believe in demons would explain these accounts...

Many of the folk tales about 'demon' attacks found in the bible and other early sources are completely consistent with the effects of ergot, a fungus that infects crops such as rye, and contains chemicals similar to LSD.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Let's go without the Bible. There are still people who have seen demon possession. How wlse would you explain the fact that jaguars, birds, and panthers went into an abandoned hut in Haiti and started speaking to one another in HUMAN language?

Any evidence for this so-called "fact"?? Sounds more like allegory. Who observed these animals talking in the abandoned hut? I suppose no recording was made.

As for this being metaphorical, would you care to explain for what you think this is a metaphor? I do not beleive this is a metaphor because how can a demon entering into pigs be a metaphor? seemns pretty literal to me.

That sounds more like a 'folk tale' than a metaphor. But if you want it to sound more bibley, you can call it a parable.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    BBI- he `walked down the road behind 2 jaguars`? Are you sure you got it right?

A matress can levitate and spin in the air, but a guy can't follow jaguars?

• astro
    astro

Well stated jeffro!

Correct me if I'm mistaken here...wasn't ergotomine poisoning related to the Salem Witch trials as well????

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

The thing about demons is that they only attack religious people, which in turn makes them more fervent in their belief. Are the demons not picking up on this? I thought they were cunning.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Correct me if I'm mistaken here...wasn't ergotomine poisoning related to the Salem Witch trials as well????

Correct. In both Europe and America, territories where people were frequently accused of being witches (and people who believed they had spells cast on them, have special powers, turn into animals etc) overlap populations that acquired grain from ergot-infected grain crops, typically near marshy farmland.

• astro
    astro

Thank you for that info Jeffro.Much appreciated.T

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well, call me a big baby, but im sat here in the middle of the night reading this and ive proper scared myself to death. Had to put the light on!

Oddly, I was just reading a collection of articles on the BBC news website under Weird West (west of england where i live) about unexplained phenomena.

I cant believe every single incident is a figment of someones imagination. But the problem is only the person it has happened to believes it for sure, and even if that person documents what happened everyone else can say 'oh well theres this reason or that reason'.

I think there is more to life than scientific provable facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/about_gloucestershire/weird_west/

• freetosee
    freetosee
    The thing about demons is that they only attack religious people, which in turn makes them more fervent in their belief. Are the demons not picking up on this? I thought they were cunning.

Good question!

What is the purpose of these attacks by demons, ghosts or whatever? The persons whom I have personally met having had these experiences are more eager to follow their religion, none of them turned away from it or changed sides.

Being an atheist seems to be the best safeguard against this phenomenon.

The same with angel or good spirit experiences, why do they save very few compared to the millions of humans starving, dying in accidents, being raped…etc.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit