Question: Demons

by ladybug25 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

Dido, I hate to be "that guy," but you realize, don't you, that your description almost exactly describes sleep paralysis?

Answer this question: Did you read up on the link to sleep paralysis that someone posted? It often manifests itself as people being able to feel someone pressing on them or putting hands on them, or pulling their hair.

So if that is the case, why would you believe that your experience was demons, and not sleep paralysis? What happened to make you so sure?

• dido
    dido

under_believer, are you following me around? I`m beginning to wonder if i have a stalker! No i didn`t read that thread about sleep paralysis, but even if i did, i still have my own opinion on it, altho` i will check it out. I believe that there is spirits/demons anyway as know of family that have experienced things when they were awake.

• heatherg
    heatherg

I personally have NEVER had experiences but now, of course, I have fear that I will because I am leaving "Jehovah's protection" if you know what I mean. Crazy how messed up the mind can get....please help!!! I did have experiences when I was a JW, have not been one for 10 years now and have NEVER had another experience! My opinion,,,,when in the borg,one has an open channel to demons, once out, they can't influence you anymore. Any thoughts? Heather

• dido
    dido

Heather- i agree with you about that. I think while you are in the org you are more prone to getting them, (maybe because it is hand in hand with them in many ways). I haven`t had any since i left, 5 years ago, so it`s true for me, fingers crossed, (oh that`s pagan isn`t it!)

• under_believer
    under_believer

dido, you've found me out. I'm hopelessly in love. ;)

Seriously, though, my reason for posting on this thread is that I just feel like belief in demons is one of the ways that Witnesses and other fundamentalist Christian sects control their members. It's enslavement. Breaking from from belief in them is freedom.

Even if you truly believe in demons, you have to admit that if they didn't exist, that would be a huge relief for you. Because that would be so great, I earnestly encourage you to at least consider the possibility that there's other explanations for what happened to you.

• heatherg
    heatherg

fingers crossed, ha ha!! I try to do at least one pagan thing per day, makes me feel clean! Heather

• Warlock
    Warlock

I will hopefully post my demon story soon, which, by the way, happened in the DAYTIME and not just on one day. It was several events over a period of time. I'm trying to get it together, looking for all the notes I made, and trying to consolidate it.

Warlock

• dido
    dido

under_believer - i thought as much! Actually, i don`t mind acknowledging that there are demons, as it proves that there is some sort of spirit life out there, i`m not enslaved to it at all, never have been. The org would not have controlled me purely because of installing fear of demons, i am too strong a character than that to be enslaved because of that. Have you got the link to the sleep paralysis as i would be interested to read it, thanks.

• under_believer
    under_believer

dido, you will find a good resource at http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html. That's a start, and they link to other resources about it too.

• dido
    dido

Under_believer- thanks for that, does that mean we are friends now?

Warlock- am looking forward to your posts.

Heather- i take it you`re celebrating xmas then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit