Question: Demons

by ladybug25 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ladybug25
    ladybug25

Growing up, I remember hearing stories from my own parents and others in the congregation about experiences with demons. Sister X wore a t-shirt that she purchased at a second hand store and the demons attached themselves to the shirt and gave her problems. Certain movies and/or cds would give a family problems. Smurfs ring a bell? When my parents were studying, my mom was thrown into a rose bush on her way up the steps to book study. Since entering my husband's life, I've heard quite a few detailed stories from him and his family about demon experiences they had many years ago. The demons tormented their household but put focus on my husband and his dad. My husband, at the time, was recovering from drugs. HIs father dabbled in "apostasy". Which were the reasons for the demons. His mom and sisters heard the demons and heard the shaking of their house. My husband and his father were "molested" by the demons. So is the story.

SO MY QUESTION IS THIS: what is everyone thoughts on the demons and such stories? Because when I think about how "the truth" is not the truth, I come back and think about these demon stories. Are they real? In people's heads? What is the deal with these experiences??? I personally have NEVER had experiences but now, of course, I have fear that I will because I am leaving "Jehovah's protection" if you know what I mean. Crazy how messed up the mind can get....please help!!!

• Kudra
    Kudra

THEY. ARE. IN. PEOPLES. HEADS.

NOT existing in the real world OR in some paranormal one.

"thrown to the rosebushes" = slipped on the steps.

"demons tormenting your husbands house" -you said he was recovering from drugs... THOSE FOLKS see things that AREN'T THERE. (NO OFFENSE) The drugs were the reason he THOUGHT he saw demons, not the reason that demons were actually there.

"molested by demons" -did this happen at night? before or as they were waking up? then it was sleep paralysis, look that up. Were they regularly missing out on REM periods of sleep (the part during which you dream)? That will cause waking hallucinations.

"what's my opinion on the demons?" heh, I guess you could guess... ;)

-K
    ***FREE YO' MIND, AND THE REST WILL FOLLOW!!!***

• choosing life
    choosing life

These are the stories of very active imaginations. Why wouls the demons want to "inhabit" personal items? The only people I ever knew who experienced such crazy things were those who were not logical in their thinking. Also, to have demons attacking you and coming off victorious makes one feel rather special. Maybe regular life just wasn't exciting enough for them.

Don't be afraid of demons because of leaving the organization. If there are any demons, they would be right at home with the teachings of the Watchtower.

• dido
    dido

ladybug- i believe in demons as i have suffered a couple of attacks, and it def wasn`t in my head! Very frightening actually, and it wasn`t sleep paralysis. I was asleep one night, and i was lying on my front. I felt someone lying on top of my back, and felt their hand under my stomach. I thought that someone had broken into my house, as i could feel the clamminess of the hand.Ii live in a relatively new house, so it isn`t haunted, (not like my bro`s who has experienced untold stuff). I also had my long hair pulled down the side of the bed, and i know of other people that have experienced similar things, or have been sexually abused. I find it quite annoying that people can poo-poo it so easily, and it wasn`t a `victorious` event either, and i certainly have a lot of excitement in my life, and don`t need to make up scarey events like that.

• ladybug25
    ladybug25

I can believe the stories are from over-active imaginations. Even in the case of my own mother, she has the dedency to tell big stories. What is confusing to me, and somewhat convincing, is the stories from my husband's family. They aree experiences "problems" are the same time. Is it possible that FOUR different people heard the same noises? Experienced the same touching? They are a little crazy, lol, but I cannot fathom an entire family imagining the same things and/or lying about the same experiences.

• ladybug25
    ladybug25

Dido, so why do you think the demons picked on you? What makes you feel okay about your decision to leave the organization?

• dido
    dido

ladybug- i can`t say why they picked me, maybe because i was vulnerable spiritually, i was having a really bad time in every area of my life when it happened, and it scared the living daylights out of me. I must say i haven`t had any of these attacks since i was d/f. It has taken me 5 years to now feel ok about being out of the org as i have found out so much about it,and it has released me from any feelings of guilt etc.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Chlick: Urban Lore from the WT!

i have heared so many of these stories from childhood on. Also knowing a few persons who 'experienced' this personally. the fact of knowing the individuals convinces me that the stories are fully made up. Wouldn't mighty demons have better things to do. those individuals have serios problems and a desperat need for attention.

Enjoy the link,

fts

• dido
    dido

fts- how naive of you to say that, i can assure you i don`t seek attention,and very rarely tell anyone about it, as you get people like you trying to ridicule people that have been thro` this.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Sorry Dido,

i didn't even read your post. i surly didn't mean you and don't know you to make that judgment.

But as regards the stroies i was told and the induviduals i know that is my observation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit