WT's PATHETIC FUNERAL OUTLINE

by Mary 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If the talk lasted 30 minutes, approximately 3 or 4 mintues would be spent talking about the deceased. That's it. The rest of the talk is to promote the Borg and preach at everyone there. No wonder so many "worldly" people are disgusted at Witness funerals.........

What a wonderful organization Jehober has given us.

• delilah
    delilah

Thanx Mary....this just reminded me why I'm not going to go to the KH for my grandparents memorial services, when they pass. Blech!!! I'll remember them for the wonderful people they were, without the WTBTS advertisements....how ridiculous!!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

That wasn't even an effffing funeral talk that was a Public Discourse! Aaargh.

Yes there is sooo much love in that talk I can feel it seeping through the monitor

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

That was one of the surprises my JW mother's funeral service held for me-- my cousin gave "the talk" and I thought he put a lot more warmth and memory of my mother into it than any of the other ones I had ever been to...then my best friend gave me her "outsider's" perspective: she was shocked at how little my mother had been eulogized, how much preaching there was, how unemotional it was, that there was no music, and that the witnesses all avoided her and even looked at her as if she had no right to be there. One asked her, rather distastefully, "Who are YOU?" She'll be happy if she never has to step foot in a KH again! Fine witness indeed LOL ~Merry

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I found it- can someone show me how to paste it in? Or how to host a picture...

This is a GREAT nauseating little pamphlet. all about his wonderful life.

All you have to do is join a pic-hosting site (like http://www.photobucket.com), upload it, then put the link in your post.

• Spectre
    Spectre

It surprises me that they don't change their view on birthdays. Birthdays would be ok only if you barely mention the one whose birthday it is and if there is a 30 minute member-drive *ahem* I mean, "talk".

• Gopher
    Gopher

I just attended my JW grandmother's funeral this past weekend.

It seemed like the presiding overseer who gave this talk barely even knew my grandma. He read almost verbatim from that little handout the funeral home prints that tells you about the deceased. His only other personal reference to her was about a comment she gave at the Watchtower study one Sunday.

The funeral was actually a 30-minute infomercial on behalf of the Watchtower Society. How much better if they would have talked about grandma's life, activities, and what was worth remembering about her (besides her "beliefs").

My JW dad was thrilled by this discourse, because he believes the end of the world is near and he'll see his mom soon. (He's been exploited for over 5 decades by false "Bible-based" hopes fomented by the Watchtower".) My non-JW relatives were bored or annoyed.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"t seemed like the presiding overseer who gave this talk barely even knew my grandma. He read almost verbatim from that little handout the funeral home prints that tells you about the deceased."

Yup. I had this experience when my oldest sister passed on. My sister had become a hermit - and no one even knew she existed. The fella that gave the 'talk', hadn't even met her while she was alive. He kept saying things like, "I've been told...".

It was humorous later, at the gravesite - I was introduced to him, and he looked shocked, "Another one?" I smiled, and replied, "Yeah. They didn't tell you about me either, did they?" (Of course - I'm not a hermit - I just don't live at home anymore - and to them, I don't exist.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, Mary, it is used as an opportunity by the borg to show the feelings of the deceased. It is a setting that nobody can argue during, as that is inappropriate. "The deceased learned this from the Bible... He/she was confident that God would resurrect..."

Many caring speakers who knew the person will stretch that personal part out, but still must explain to worldly people what the deceased believed, and why YOU SHOULD TOO.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm starting to consider what to do when my parents die. Even though they're Dubs, I am NOT having a memorial service at the Hall. The funeral is going to be at a funeral home and I'm even thinking of getting another Dub (who's faded but not DF'd) to give the talk. After the shit way we were treated by the elders when my brother died, these bastards are not going to control anything on my parents funerals. I'll even tell them beforehand, that if any of them plan on treating any family members like crap because they left "the Troof", then don't even bother showing up at the funeral, or they'll be asked to leave.

I can't believe they actually think they're "giving a good Witness" to non-Witnesses by their cold-hearted "infommerical" that is presented at thousands of Witness funerals every year. It's giving a witness alright----it's showing non-Witnesses what this religion is all about....talk about slitting your own throat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit