WT's PATHETIC FUNERAL OUTLINE

by Mary 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

This is supposed to be an outline for a JW Funeral Talk. I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I thought I'd post here for your viewing pleasure. This is absolutely DISGUSTING and do you get the feeling that they'd prefer it if they could get away without mentioning the deceased AT ALL???

FUNERAL DISCOURSE

REMARKS REGARDING THE DECEASED (Use any that apply and are appropriate.)
    Details regarding age, birth, when married, and so forth
    By whom the deceased is survived
    Dedication record, including privileges of service
    Exemplary qualities displayed by the deceased (Eccl. 7:1)

THE HOPE THE DECEASED ENTERTAINED
    Worshiped Jehovah, the God of wisdom, justice, love, power
    Had faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12)
    Appreciated God's purpose regarding earth (Gen. 1:28)
    Sure to be realized (Isa. 11:9; 55:10, 11; Rev. 21:4)

Why good people die

Disobedience of Adam (-Gen. 3:19; contrast with Genesis 2:7.)
    Offspring inherited death (Rom. 5:12)

Condition of the dead
    Soul is mortal (Ezek 18:4, 20)
    Dead are unconscious (Ps. 146:4; Eccl. 3:19; 9:5, 10)
    The resurrection hope
    Made possible by sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Matt. 20:28)
    Christ's resurrection a guarantee (1 Cor. 15:22, 23)
    God uses Jesus to raise the dead (John 5:28, 29)
    For the anointed, resurrection is to heavenly life (1 Cor. 15:51-54; Rev. 20:4, 6)"Other sheep" resurrected to life in earthly Paradise (Luke 23:43; John 10:16)Armageddon survivors can hope to see the deceased one again soon
    Others too are in line for resurrection (Acts 24:15)

WHY IT IS GOOD TO GO TO HOUSE OF MOURNING
    Can comfort the bereaved; loss is mutual
    Take to heart uncertainty of life (Ps. 90:12; Eccl. 7:2)
    Makes us think about how we are using our life

HOW WE CAN BENEFIT FROM BEING HERE
    While living, make good name with Jehovah God (Eccl. 7:1)
    Lay up treasures in heaven (Matt. 6:19-21)
    One way is to take zealous part in witness work, if qualified (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20)
    In this way and by godly conduct, we contribute to sanctification of Jehovah's name (Prov. 27:11)
    Resurrection hope an incentive to learn and do divine will(l Cor. 15:58)

(Note: Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth. Good balance should be observed in this regard. Doctrinal points can be presented as beliefs of the deceased, which served as motivation for him. Purpose of talk is to uphold Jehovah God as a God of love and mercy and at the same time bring comfort to the bereaved. Use of a song such as No. 102 (53) or 187 (93) is optional. A brief prayer at the close is fitting. When arrangement is made to go to the grave, it is well to consider quite briefly the hope through the Kingdom, reading one or two scriptures, such as Job 14:14, 15 and 1 Corinthians 15:5413-57. This service may also be closed with prayer, thanking Jehovah for the resurrection hope, which is of great comfort. The talk need not exceed 30 minutes.)

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE???!!!!! If the talk lasted 30 minutes, approximately 3 or 4 mintues would be spent talking about the deceased. That's it. The rest of the talk is to promote the Borg and preach at everyone there. No wonder so many "worldly" people are disgusted at Witness funerals.........

• JH
    JH

Thanks Mary for posting this.

I never felt their love. It's as if they don't want emotions in that religion.

You must be like Mr. Spock, and see things logically, without emotions or feelings.

• Zico
    Zico

The Watchtower doesn't care about the people, they just want to use every opportunity they can to have their members preach.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Disgusting and pathetic...just like that d@mmit cult.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

It's enough to make one sick. they are not interested in the deceased...only selling books.

True sociopaths.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I HATE JW FUNERALS When my dad died they told me I was not going to be able to go up and say something about my dad, that if I wanted to I could talk at my mom's house, and that the whole service was already planned. polite way of telling me your a worldly sinner and we don't want you up on our stage. At my parents house after the service the house was packed with JW's my dad's worldly family was kind of pushed out, and the JW's ate everything and left. Ok to them is a funeral a free buffet? fucken bastards, oh and the Elder who DF'd my dad were there eating. I should have brought my gun that day!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If the talk lasted 30 minutes, approximately 3 or 4 mintues would be spent talking about the deceased. That's it. The rest of the talk is to promote the Borg and preach at everyone there. No wonder so many "worldly" people are disgusted at Witness funerals.........

Good. I'm always happy when the JWs publicly demonstrate that they are their own worst enemies.

W

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yup. This outline has been posted in the past... about 6 months ago, or so...

I've heard it being 'given' in the last few years, too. They follow it pretty close, too. At both the funeral home - and the grave-site services. One gets the SAME 30 minute nonsense repeated. *yawn*

The thing that gets me... and I know I've been out for many years, and so do not follow their 'scripture-logic'... they are proud of their scripture that shows that the 'dead are conscious of nothing' etc. right after that verse (or in the same one... I don't know), it is mentioned that no one will remember them. This verse contradicts what they preach a few minutes earlier about how we can 'remember' them... blah blah blah...

They always lose me on this bit. It sounds kinda dis-jointed to me.

Anyway... those are my .02 worth.

Regards,

Jim TX

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    The rest of the talk is to promote the Borg and preach at everyone there. No wonder so many "worldly" people are disgusted at Witness funerals.........

This is what happened at my grandpas funeral. He started going to the meetings around age 91, and wasnt baptized. But an elder gave the talk at a funeral home, and it was ALL Jw preaching! Most of the people there werent witnesses either. I could have puked!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

To them, it's an opportunity to give a "good witness", especially if there are non jws there. People who would never normally set foot in a jw meeting are there for that 30 minutes or so, and they take the opportunity to preach to them.

I've been to quite a few jw funerals and, looking back, the talk always seened to be more about what the person believed and why than about the person themselves. You are right Mary, it is disgusting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit