WT's PATHETIC FUNERAL OUTLINE

by Mary 42 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A JW funneral is not about the deceased..It`s an advertisement for the WBT$..Join our religion,you`ll be ressurected..In 1975..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• parakeet
    parakeet

JH: ***It's as if they don't want emotions in that religion.***

You got that right, JH! I remember reading in the WT that stoicism in the face of grief is supposed to demonstrate the JWs' faith in the certainty of the resurrection. Giving way to grief demonstrates a lack of faith and is frowned on.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The speaker can count time for the funeral talk. What a wonderful provision from the FDS.

• Kudra
    Kudra

There was once a really nice (I thought it was nice, I'm not sure what the family thought) memorial for this sister at our hall- her "worldly" son and a couple of others (I think) got to get up on the podium at the hall and talk about his mom. He even had long hair. :)

I thought it was the nicest funeral I've experienced at the hall because of that touch of humanity that was allowed. I think there was an elder or two in our hall that knew that it definitely wasn't the time to be petty about "the rules".

-K

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    (Note: Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth.

Oh yeah, sure, say nothing about the dead guy. Wouldn't want too much attention drawn to him, right?

Cold-hearted bastards.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What they never say is that many of these dead had been hoping for a large part of their lives that they wouldn't end up in this way ie having a funeral, it's a slap in the face for the dubs and it shows the way for the rest. Who was raising those false expectations? Where is the promised paradise?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for posting that Mary. I had forgotten how nauseating it was. I did a few of 'em - back in the day. May God forgive me.

Jeff

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

But when one of the Governing Body farts off you can be sure they get more than a 30 minute "witness". There is plenty of eugooglizing (as Ben Stiller said) for those controlling farts.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yeah- a witness friend (mass) emailed me an attachment that was the (donation-supported?) pamphlet for sydlik's memorial. (it was sydlik that dies, right?) it was all about him. blyech. witha nice little pic. I will post it if I can find it.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I found it- can someone show me how to paste it in? Or how to host a picture...

This is a GREAT nauseating little pamphlet. all about his wonderful life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit