WAYNE CAIRNS - JW Elder EXPOSED - Pleads Guilty to "Indecent Act"

by Scully 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Blondie:

My thoughts exactly Blondie! Because the article said that Cairns was "walking aroundexposing himself" and that would indicate to me, that he was "comfortable" with his "exposing" himself to the point that he didn't care who was watching!

Sounds to me like a person that had done it several times and was confident that he wouldn't get caught.

Thanks! Atlantis & Nevada-

• carla
    carla

yes, but was it done with 'greed'?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So, this happened in the spring, he pleads out now and he's STILL an elder? That's insane. How can that be? I can understand why he may not be disfellowshipped (under WTS rules it could be considered "loose conduct" because its "brazen, wonton" and therefore he probably should have been in another JC meeting only on the outmanned side). But, how could this person continue to be in a leadership position?

Are we sure that he's still an elder? He should have been removed when arrested. Has anyone talked to the local media? They could ask the congregation about his being an elder in getting background information for the story. If there's publicity about the event (see Cano), they will be shamed into taking action.

This sicko should be dealt with. I agree that this perv is one step away from hurting a kid, if he hasn't already.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

"...The bus had taken North Okanagan-Shuswap students to Kelowna on a field trip, but no students were present for either the incident or the suspects' subsequent arrest . . ."

Most of the posters responding to this story want to hang this guy by the neck until dead. You remind me of the people that instigated the Salem witch trials that took place in the US when the Purtians were in charge of society. I say shame on you. There were no students around when this guy, who is obviously a mental case, exposed himself to the general public. He needs to be treated as one with a mental disorder and not one who is ready to sexually assult children. This is the kind of thinking that is prevalent in the WTS . . .I thought you all wanted to get away from that type of reasoning but I guess many of you are still suffering with the authoritarian mindset.

I live on the beach and everyday hundreds of women walk up and down the beach in the tiniest of bikinis, showing off their stuff to men, women and children. Are we supposed to arrest them? Believe me, I have seen many a teat exposed. What are we to do about them ? Nothing, I pray.

Get a life !

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Thanks for the info, Scully.

All he has to do/say to get away with his indecent act is, "I'm sorry. It won't happen again. I've stopped doing it."

The jws quick fix. The fastest way is to sweep it under the rug.

Those rugs are lumpy by now, huh?

ESTEE

• rebel8
    rebel8

bttt

• Anitar
    Anitar

Tigerman: Maybe we do need to get a life, this certainly is not a pleasant topic to focus on. And maybe we do have a one track mind at times.

You see, the problem is not necessarily the offender himself, he is probably mentally disturbed. The problem is how the fellow elders deal with it. This goes back to a basic JW teaching, that all "Jehovah's People" are pure and noble and don't do things like this. So when they do, instead of trying to get help for the offender, they sweep it under the rug and go about their business. Keep in mind they discourage going to a therapist and using mental help in general. Meanwhile, the offender might go from lewd behavior to child abuse, we don't know for sure. But the point in discussing these things is to warn everyone of a potental predator in a position of authority. He was a school bus driver after all.

The sad thing is, he might have been just a regular guy who had one too many beers and decided to go streaking through the town, like the people you described on the beach where you live. In that case it's just as bad because "Jehovah's People" are not supposed to be regular guys who get occasionally drunk and make mistakes.

My point is, we here on JWD have seen for ourselves what guys like this can become. If by chance he is reading this, I want to let him know that there is help for him, and to please contact his local authorities and get out of the watchtower. This may sound crazy but we would like to help him before he hurts himself or anybody else. Whether this is just a regular guy or something alot worse, it doesn't matter. The WTS should drop their hypocritical act once and for all and admit that they don't have the answers, they are not God's organization; they never have been, and they never will be. There are drunks and child molesters in their organization, just like everywhere else in the world.

Anitar

• Scully
    Scully

Tigerman:

Most of the posters responding to this story want to hang this guy by the neck until dead. You remind me of the people that instigated the Salem witch trials that took place in the US when the Purtians were in charge of society. I say shame on you. There were no students around when this guy, who is obviously a mental case, exposed himself to the general public. He needs to be treated as one with a mental disorder and not one who is ready to sexually assult children. This is the kind of thinking that is prevalent in the WTS . . .I thought you all wanted to get away from that type of reasoning but I guess many of you are still suffering with the authoritarian mindset.

There is nothing to suggest that there is a mental health issue involved. In Canada, there is provision for someone to plead not guilty by reason of insanity or diminished capacity (similar to the provisions in the US). There was no mention of a psychiatric evaluation for this person, nor even a request on the part of his counsel for a psychiatric evaluation. In fact, he entered a GUILTY plea.

Whether there were students present at the time of the incident or not is irrelevent. He drove students to a field trip and back to school again and decided to expose himself publicly in the interim. He was working and being paid in the capacity of a school bus driver at the time of the incident; even though he is entitled to take breaks, he is still "on company time" during his breaks and required to behave in a manner fitting of his post.

What people are indignant about is the fact that this guy sits in judgement of other people as a JW Elder, and has participated in disfellowshipping people for various "crimes" against the WTS, while being no more righteous himself than the people he judges and ends up isolating from their respective families and friends. And nothing happens to him in the congregation. He still gets to be an elder. He still gets to give talks that MARK people for their behaviour. He still gets to announce that So-and-So is "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". He still gets to PRAY on behalf of the congregation. He still gets to piously counsel people on the length of their sideburns, and the hems on their skirts, and the revealing nature of clothing. He still gets to enjoy the company of his family and friends. Even with this public and disturbing crime on his record.

It makes you wonder if he was doing this kind of thing in public and on the job, does he also do it when he is engaged in the public door-to-door ministry?

And since you're so cool about it and all, how about we send him down your way and let him drive your kids to and from school?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

You know, about 1 1/2 years ago, I got a knock on my door. It was a jw. I agreed to study with him, and he was alone! Shortly after I was df'd.

I later found out that he was arrested (yes I looked him up on the wisc court access records) for flashing women at a laundry mat! Guess what happened to him? He was privately reproved for six weeks. Thats right, he just couldnt answer at the hall for six weeks, that was his punishment?

And now he is going door to door? Not right, not right at all!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mcsemike:

I love your post and I can feel your anger but I think you have more to be angry about than I do.

I especially like your line about how "if they were so free from accusation why are they hated so much....." It does make you wonder. Do they REALLY feel they are righteous?

You are also right about the part where they would like to kill worldly people if they could - a Jehu mentality. We may need protection from them. Scary!

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit