WAYNE CAIRNS - JW Elder EXPOSED - Pleads Guilty to "Indecent Act"

by Scully 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

THE MORNING STAR Sept 24, 2006 Page A6 Vernon BC Canada newspaper. The article reads and I quote in full:

SCHOOL BUS DRIVER GIVEN CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE

"An Armstrong resident and former North Okanagan-Shuswap School District bus driver was given a conditional discharge and nine months probation in Kelowna court earlier this month. Wayne Dale Cairns pleaded guilty to performing an indecent act. The charge stemmed from an incident at Kelowna's Orchard Park Mall last spring, where patrons complained of a man on a school bus exposing himself. The bus had taken North Okanagan-Shuswap students to Kelowna on a field trip, but no students were present for either the incident or the suspects' subsequent arrest. Cairns had resigned his driver's position prior to pleading guilty."

Wayne Dale Cairns has NOT been disfellowshipped for "having performed an indecent act". At this writing he remains an Elder in good standing, participating in Judicial Committees where JWs are disfellowshipped and deemed "disassociated by their actions".

He is listed on the Canada Revenue Agency Charitable Organization listing (2004 Return) as a Trustee of the JW congregation where he attends. His congregation position listed is "Secretary".

#NamePositionArm's length
    1[edited]PRESIDING OVERSEER No
    2WAYNE CAIRNSSECRETARY No
    3[edited]SERVICE OVERSEER No
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wayne Dale Cairns has NOT been disfellowshipped for "having performed an indecent act". At this writing he remains an Elder in good standing, participating in Judicial Committees where JWs are disfellowshipped and deemed "disassociated by their actions".

I wonder what kind of action they will take now that it is public.

purps

• metatron
    metatron

If he is still an elder, this reeks of corruption and blatant rejection of Bible principles. How about an elder being "free from accusation"

or "having a good report from those outside" ? How desperate is the Society for elders? How low have they sunk?

metatron

• rebel8
    rebel8

Anyone interested in participating in a letter writing campaign to express outrage at this horror before he harms any other children (psychologically or physically)?

What address should we send letters to? Canadian branch office? Who should we address it to to get a better chance of it being read? Should we address the envelope "donation to the worldwide preaching work" (not kidding)?!

CANADABox 4100, Halton Hills (Georgetown), Ontario L7G 4Y4.

Any chance the media in Canada would be interested in the jw connection to this story?

bttt

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Anyone interested in participating in a letter writing campaign to express outrage at this horror before he harms any other children (psychologically or physically)?

Yes, we will join in that. Being in the UK, an email would be quicker, if you have an address.

How typical of the wts to ignore what he's done, and keep him in his position. I wonder if that will change now it's out in the open?

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know how quickly congregations in Canada change non-profit corporate officers but in this area a new elder checked and found that 2 elders were listed that had not been in the congregation for 5 years. I have heard of deceased brothers still being listed. Also, in the US, the tax form is submitted yearly and is supposed to be updated yearly.

Some congregations aren't very good at keeping accurate records. Maybe this will help.

Blondie

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for the info, Scully, but let's don't be so quick to judge.

1. Perhaps while in the bus awaiting the students he had been meditating on the scripture at Hebrews 4:13 "But all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting."

2. Perhaps this was his way of alerting passers-by that he needed to go to the bathroom and to watch out when walking by the bus windows.

3. Perhaps he was developing a talking point for field service the next weekend, demonstrating what a wicked world we live in.

4. Perhaps he was following the counsel at Isaiah 32:11, "make yourselves naked, and gird sackcloth upon the loins," but suddenly realized he had forgotten to bring along the sackcloth.

5. Perhaps he had been counseling some for fornication in a JC, getting evey titillating detail, and was now overcome recounting it all.

Perhaps he was so full of himself that he felt above the rules he dished out to the rank and file. What does arm length mean, anyway?

• rebel8
    rebel8

lol

But seriously, in my (limited) experience counseling pedophiles (insert vomit here), indecent exposures are pretty much training wheels for rape....they're practicing for the real thing.

Arm's length I think refers to his legal responsibility to the organization.

Being in the UK, an email would be quicker, if you have an address.

Me too. Last time I mailed something to the Canadian branch office, I got in trouble at my post office for trying to mail a petition while refusing to list my personal address as the return address on the envelope. I don't really want to do an online petition again; the whole thing was pretty much a big hassle.

Hopefully someone will come up with an email address *and list it in a new thread in the private folder* so we can all send emails all at once--preferably all on the same day. If not, I guess we'll have to settle for snail mail.

I think there would be somewhat of an impact if they received a bunch of letters with "donation to the worldwide preaching work" listed on the outside of the envelope....and perhaps the Canadians here can get a letter to the editor published in their local newspapers.

http://www.welcometokelowna.com/featured.php?newsStoryID=3647

• Scully
    Scully

FYI - my source informs me that contact to the local media will be made ASAP to expose the JW connection.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That's great! Exposure in the media will probably be much more effective than writing letters to the branch office.

BTTT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit