POLL : Your reaction IF all religion was suddenly banned worldwide

by fish 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

Probably it has already been contemplated by governments.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My reaction would be "thank God, about time". This has happened in the past in communist countries. Governments can not take God out of peoples hearts, but breaking down institutions would solve a lot of the global issues.

Would it prove the WTS to be spirit directed? Why would it? There is endless proof that the WTS is not Spirit directed. Revelation prophecies have been reinterpretted by the WTS several times, most are still obviously wrong. If they actually guessed one correctly if would prove nothing.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

fish,

Religion is a snare and a racket. Every religion is the true religion to its adherents. Religion is a way of worship, Christianity is a way of life. Jehovah's Witnesses practice religion. And they aren't really very good at it.

IF all religion was banned worldwide it would neither affect me nor my spirituality in any way. It would also not affect my conversations or my choices, in any way.

However, the same cannot be said of Jehovah's Witnesses in areas where religion is under ban, or even where JWs have been singled out for ban. Because JWs practice religion. I don't.

AuldSoul

• Honeybee
    Honeybee

I would say- I'm glad I still have my faith... because it's not supposed to be about religion it's supposed to be about walking the walk- living as Christ did, loving as he did, and developing a faith that can't be destroyed by finding out some group that claims to be his spokesman is merely made up of wicked men. 1 Corinthians 3:1-9 speaks of Jesus reaction to those who "follow Paul or Apollos." "But God made it grow," was a commentary on what the JW's lull you into forgetting: Men are mere flesh & blood vessels used to call attention to Christ's kingdom. They are messengers- not deliverers! "And the rocks would cry out," excuse my paraphrase, should tell you how unimportant the messenger is. That they can be replaced by a lifeless form should humble any man.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sorry Fish, but anybody who thinks this will happen is a long way from planet reality. Please, please read, oh, just anything. Please just read a book. Then we'll talk.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would think I was in a dream ...

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

here is what the U.N. has in plan.

Anyone who has studied the global environmental movement has no doubt heard the term "Gaia". Gaia is a revival of Paganism that rejects Christianity, considers Christianity its biggest enemy, and views the Christian faith as its only obstacle to a global religion centered on Gaia worship and the uniting of all life forms around the goddess of "Mother Earth". A cunning mixture of science, paganism, eastern mysticism, and feminism have made this pagan cult a growing threat to the Christian Church. Gaia worship is at the very heart of today's environmental policy. The Endangered Species Act, The United Nation's Biodiversity Treaty and the Presidents Council on Sustainable Development are all offspring of the Gaia hypothesis of saving "Mother Earth". This religious movement, with cult-like qualities, is being promoted by leading figures and organizations such as former Vice President Albert Gore, broadcaster Ted Turner, and the United Nations and it's various NGO's. Al Gore's book "Earth in the Balance" is just one of many books that unabashedly proclaims the deity of Earth and blames the falling away from this Pagan God on the environmentally unfriendly followers of Jesus Christ. The United Nations has been extremely successful in infusing the "Green Religion" into an international governmental body that has an increasing affect and control over all of our lives.

• becca1
    becca1

Fish: I think somebody does not recognize John Lennons lyrics.

I agree with you. Organized religion is for the birds. And it's devisive. It has nothing to do with faith

• zagor
    zagor
    Your reaction IF all religion was suddenly banned worldwide

What a noble idea!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

well, of course this won't happen, surely, but if it did, the big question is what would all of that energy be replaced with? doing away with religion isn't going to solve all of our problems, and could potentially lead to newer problems.

but I would probably dance naked in the street in joy as soon as I heard the news.

then I would probably feel the strong desire within me to pray or something. I'm always dancing to the wrong tune at the wrong time. All my life, was a JW, then as soon as I don't believe in anything, that is suddenly out of style. Ah well, can't win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit