POLL : Your reaction IF all religion was suddenly banned worldwide

by fish 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fish
    fish

Im interested in hearing what your personal reaction would be IF (I say if because probably 99.9% here believe this will never happen) all the religions of the world were to be suddenly banned/shut down/decommissioned/liquidated/dismembered/etc.. by the political powers of the world. What would you do? What would your first post here say? Would it change your view of Jehovah...of the "org"? How would you then treat JWs or what would you say to them?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Define banning- how do you ban somebody prcaticing it in their own home? Isnt Atheism a religion in its own right

• fish
    fish

Define banning- how do you ban somebody prcaticing it in their own home? Isnt Atheism a religion in its own right I think goverment is smart enough to realize they could never take anyone's faith away from them. But they can take away their right to express it to others or to practise it in an organized way. So what if the political powers said, "No more religion. You may pray to your god in the privacy of your home but you cannot express your faith to anyone else. You cannot meet with others of your same faith. You cannot promote your faith in any way." I think that would cover "banned/shut down/decommissioned/liquidated/dismembered/etc..". Organized religion would no longer exist.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I would still pray with my God.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Well, my old dub thinking might kick in for .0000000000001 of a second..."Oh shit, looks like it's time for God to start killing everybody!!"

It'd pass.

• fish
    fish

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too

Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

Sounds like a good recipe for peace doesnt it?

• V
    V
    IF all religion was suddenly banned worldwide

The reality of this happening is preposterous.

It would mean a dictitoral world goverment with the authority to somehow extract religion, however deeply embedded, from every culture.

This would immediately result in a equal religious backlash, covert underground revivals, and rebellion of even non-religious sympathizers.

My opinion is that complete religious tolerance is the only thing that can atrophy religion out of existance. Ironic, isn't it.

• Moomin
  • fish
    fish

The reality of this happening is preposterous.

It would mean a dictitoral world goverment with the authority to somehow extract religion, however deeply embedded, from every culture.

This would immediately result in a equal religious backlash, covert underground revivals, and rebellion of even non-religious sympathizers.

My opinion is that complete religious tolerance is the only thing that can atrophy religion out of existance. Ironic, isn't it.

I understand you dont believe such a thing will ever happen. The question is: What your personal reaction would be IF (I say if because probably 99.9% here believe this will never happen) all the religions of the world were to be suddenly banned/shut down/decommissioned/liquidated/dismembered/etc.. by the political powers of the world. What would you do? What would your first post here say? Would it change your view of Jehovah...of the "org"? How would you then treat JWs or what would you say to them?

• V
    V

I would have to become an enemy of the state under such a government. The situation you descibe would make worldwide Nazi domination look like a tea party.

My opinion of JWs would not change, as their prediction of such an event would be eclisped by such a religious backlash that their "foregleams" would be immediated disproved thereafter.

I understand your premise, "what if JWs are right." But the reality of such an event so overwhelming that JWs fail to see past their own noses on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit