POLL : Your reaction IF all religion was suddenly banned worldwide

by fish 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

"My faith is banned in several countries (all Muslim) yet it continues to flurish! I suspect it would even if the ban were universal. It would simply outlast the constraints.

carmel"

But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, "This man is the great power of God." And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. (Acts 8:9-11)

For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My personal reaction would be one of relaxed pleasure. I would then see how many different individuals of varying faiths would stick with thier faith and defy the law. It wouldn't just be the Jehooviedoobs that would not comply. It would be the ultimate proof that they are full of themselves in thinking they would be the only ones left standing....

Too funny.

P.S. Wont happen.

W.Once

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It would be similar to my reaction if Britney Spears was elected president or it was discovered that fish could talk. Not going to happen, people.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Quote:
    *** Anyone who has studied the global environmental movement has no doubt heard the term "Gaia". Gaia is a revival of Paganism that rejects Christianity, considers Christianity its biggest enemy, and views the Christian faith as its only obstacle to a global religion centered on Gaia worship and the uniting of all life forms around the goddess of "Mother Earth". A cunning mixture of science, paganism, eastern mysticism, and feminism have made this pagan cult a growing threat to the Christian Church. Gaia worship is at the very heart of today's environmental policy. The Endangered Species Act, The United Nation's Biodiversity Treaty and the Presidents Council on Sustainable Development are all offspring of the Gaia hypothesis of saving "Mother Earth". This religious movement, with cult-like qualities, is being promoted by leading figures and organizations such as former Vice President Albert Gore, broadcaster Ted Turner, and the United Nations and it's various NGO's. Al Gore's book "Earth in the Balance" is just one of many books that unabashedly proclaims the deity of Earth and blames the falling away from this Pagan God on the environmentally unfriendly followers of Jesus Christ. The United Nations has been extremely successful in infusing the "Green Religion" into an international governmental body that has an increasing affect and control over all of our lives. ***

Gaia worship? Sounds good to me! LOL! I even own the "Bible" for it: Permaculture: A Designer's Manual by Bill Mollison. But, that's not what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. They say that all False Religion (ie. everyone but them) will be destroyed, not a global mass forced conversion to Gaian Paganism. I don't even know where the silly propaganda like the above quote comes from, or what its purpose is. Maybe:
    "rejects Christianity" - must be trying to appeal to Funny-mentalists who hate feminist witches.
    U.N. paranoia - John Bircher's?
    Dislike environmentalists - but are they NIMBY's or BANANA's or lumberjacks?
    Dislike Al Gore - are they Republicans?
    Dislike NGO's - are they sure they know what they are talking about? Many Christian organizations are UN NGO's.
    Dislike Ted Turner - Must think that "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" was a cartoon to seduce children into the nefarious Gaia cult! LOL! Who was your favorite Planeteer?
    "increasing affect and control over all of our lives." - Well, if you live in modern civilization, you are already there. There is nowhere left to go (Antarctica?).

Well, if all religion was suddenly banned worldwide, I'd go straight back to the Witnesses! Long live religion - especially Global Pagan Feminist Gaian Wiccan Environmentalist UN NGO worship. Sure beats Scientology!

Dave

• done4good
    done4good

I would lmao because such a thing would never fly if it were not the will of the people. If some sort of global dictator tried to ban all religion it would create a massive international insurgency like nothing the world has seen before.

If the population as a whole gradually became more atheistic and decided to abandon their deities and religions on their own, then there would be no major reaction from anyone. Everyone would just shrug and go about their business.

Precisely, Elsewhere. No organization, UN or otherwise, would attempt to outlaw religion for fear of the backlash it would cause worldwide. We would truly be living in a scary place. If, OTOH people did gradually become more atheistic, to the point to where such a thing COULD be acceptable, there would be NO NEED to outlaw religion.

I, (for the most part), am atheist, but believe very strongly, that people are entitled to their beliefs. The worst possible "religious" scenario would be a religion of "outlawed religion".

j

• Warlock
    Warlock

I would charge up all my credit cards and prepare to kiss my a** goodbye.

Warlock

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Questions to ask a JW on this point when they bring the mag round -

1. In light of the European Convention on Human Rights freedom of association how do you suppose religion will be banned?
    2. On what basis do you suggest that worldwide cooperation will be achieved, especially with nations at war on religious grounds?
    3. Who do you expect will dictate and enforce this cooperation globally?

As mentioned I have yet to receive a sensible answer.

I can give you the answer right now: God gives them the idea! Yes, God will brainwash the UN militarised elements within the UN into destroying religion. And not only that, but the destruction will be "swift and final." The brainwashing doesn't last very long, because evidently the kings of the earth will weep for what they have done. The merchants of the world weep too, but people don't weep for some reason.

You know, wouldn't it just be easier to fling some fireballs at churches? I guess God likes brainwashing people into doing his will...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit