I just had a very interesting phone call from the JC

by hambeak 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I got a call today from a member of the judicial committee asking if I would meet with them. I asked them what for? I was told it was about my asking questions about wts involvement with the UN and Bethel layoffs and my getting information from an apostate website.

I told them I have never attended their KH and had been inactive for more than 20 years and no longer accepted their authority and they no longer had a control over my mind or what I read or say or do. I hung up.

Question can they disfellowship me in absentia? Like I give a rats ass. I somehow think my kids have something to do with this but they are in CA and I'm in Tx. Paranoia? I don't know.

• badboy
    badboy

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BRING THE LAWYERS IN!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    Question can they disfellowship me in absentia?

I believe they can! As I have been and never had a single Judicial Meeting nor phone call from anyone!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, they can disfellowship you in absentia, but they would have to inform you of the action taken. It doesn't sound as though you care much either way, so if they do they wouldn't have achieved anything, but it would waste a bit of their precious time, that's all.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Hambeak,

That's totally weird. Someone must know who you are, and that you are on this site. OR..they could be assuming you are on the internet. Have you expressed anything they wanted to talk with you about with anyone else other than on here? Perhaps it came from them. Have you expressed this stuff to your family members? They want such complete control! It is UNBELIEVABLE! We ourselves just refused ameeting with the elders and told them we want to be left alone. That was a couple of days ago. I expected them to be knocking on my door today..but so far nothing.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    but they would have to inform you of the action taken

That's interesting. I heard via a third party that I had been disfellowshipped... someone who was at the meeting when they announced it... no elder called me or anything.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They disfellowshipped me without me even knowing it after I had been a walkaway for 18 years. Best favor they ever did me. (It might actually be the only favor they ever did me.)

My mood improved so much I started to listen to polka music.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Question can they disfellowship me in absentia? Like I give a rats ass. I somehow think my kids have something to do with this but they are in CA and I'm in Tx. Paranoia? I don't know.

Yes, I personally know people who were DFd in absentia. But, it's very odd that they are trying to contact you despite being inactive for 20 years. I have never heard of elders trying to form judicial committees for people who have been inactive for that long. Very strange.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Yes they can. Your phone call was most likely taped and heard by a third party. After I blew away 2 elders at a gas station, one of them said they would " be talking to me ", I never had that " talk ". They announced a month later that I was " no longer a Jehovah's Witness ". Those Asswipes had and still continue to have no BALLS.

The Claw

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My car broke down and called them to tell them I couldn't make it to the meeting. They df'd me the second time in absentia, but then had the balls to come to my house and tell me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit