I just had a very interesting phone call from the JC

by hambeak 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Forscher
    Forscher
    It is my understanding that they have to inform you when they are 1) recording a call and 2) have someone else listening in. If they do not, it is my understanding, it is grounds for an appeal.

Actually looking_glass, it is a federal crime if they don't. If folks could get Federal Attorneys to prosecute them for that, the practice would stop in a hurry when word got around.

Forscher

• garybuss
    garybuss

Celia, you wrote:

My mood improved so much I started to listen to polka music.

Garybuss, great quote May I use it ?

I'll be pissed if ya don't:-)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

How much more clear can it be? This brother is NOT repentant!

"Roll out the barrel, We'll have a barrel of fun
    Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
    Zing Boom Terrara
    Join in a glass of good cheer
    Now it's time to roll the barrel
    For the gang's all here !"

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Do all states require that someone tell you if a phone conversation is being taped or listened to by another party, especially if it's going to be used against you?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I was thinking of the same! tune, Nathan Natas Beer Barrel Polka, baby!!!

• MadTiger
  • Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I'm liking the 'you can't fire me-I quit!!' mentality.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They techincally can not d/f you as you clearly showed you no longer accept their authority. Rather they will view you as having disassociated yourself instead, so can still announce you are "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". You can't sue, so getting a lawyer would only be a waste of money. The WTS has very carefully tied up all the loose ends and there is very little that can be done legally in such a case.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    It's irrelevant to the entire world except for them. You can still associate with about 6 Billion people or so.

And most of them are nowhere near as judgemental, condemning and vindictive as JW's tend to be.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Garybus, I know this is a tongue in cheek comment. You are an intelligent man which means you would not listen to polka music under any circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit