I just had a very interesting phone call from the JC

by hambeak 42 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

What's crazy is when they hear of someone asking questions about the org, they automatically say "They must have been on an apostate website." And in the eyes of active JW's this statement shoots down any fact. As soon as that "Apostate" tag is placed on it then it's no longer fact. They make it seam like the "Apostate" sites are giving out 100% false info. As a matter of fact, if the word Jehovah or Russel or WTBTS&UN or any JW type word is on the internet, it's apostate.

This would mean that the entire internet has no info on court cases or lectures or official government documents regarding JW's except "Apostate" sites.

I think they picture an evil "Apostate" rubbing his hands together and laughing like Dracula while he makes up a bunch of lies. They probably can see him saying, "Come to me my children and we shall join forces against Jehovah and his chosen people in the great battle of Armageddon." In their mental image there is probably a dark room with a cpu shining light on his evil face.

BTW--I take offense to that word because I know how they view it. I remember seeing an "Apostate" walking down the road when I was little and thinking I had just seen Satan himself. Now I realize he was just a regular guy who happened to ask questions. Back then if he came near me I probably would have ran.

Don't worry about it Hambeak. It's a made up punishment. It's irrelevant to the entire world except for them. You can still associate with about 6 Billion people or so.

• willyloman
    willyloman

In my experience, any time someone is df'd after long years of absence it's because a relative called the elders and insisted that some action be taken. It happens a lot with ex-wives who are freaked out about being "free" to remarry, and sometimes it's parents or siblings who are disturbed that you challenged their faith with some negative info about the WT Society and they want you dealt with.

Bodies of elders, even if they sometimes are reluctanct in such cases, can often be pushed into taking action by very persistent dubs who insist that you are disturbing the peace of the congregation, by which they mean themselves.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I told them I have never attended their KH and had been inactive for more than 20 years and no longer accepted their authority and they no longer had a control over my mind or what I read or say or do. I hung up.

PO at my congregation ALWAYS has another elder on the line listening so he can use the 2 witness rule. My guess is that this might have happened to you. Your statement was an admission that you no longer viewed the FDS as the "voice of Jehovah" thereby stating that you have "turned away" from him=apostate.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think ham has mentioned that he has talked to his kids. So I don't think they have tracked him down thru here.

It is my understanding that they have to inform you when they are 1) recording a call and 2) have someone else listening in. If they do not, it is my understanding, it is grounds for an appeal. Happened to a GF of mine. Granted she got the appeal but they DF'd her anyway. She wanted to drag it out and make their lives difficult by pointing out to everyone how shifty they were. Which actually worked because her parents were really angry about the underhanded way they dealt w/ the original JC over the phone thing and ultimately they left the religion over that and other things as well.

As for an official JC meeting without you there, YUP they can and will do it. They have done it to tons before and will do it again. It is my understanding they perceive it as a DA'ing thing. That you failed to follow Jah's organizational direction and thus are DA'ing yourself. Either way, you are out without a real hearing.

I am confused, why do people keep saying to bring an attorney? Because they think an attorney can stop them from DF'ing or DA'ing them. Granted an atty will frighten the JWs, but in the end it will not stop them. People have tried to get courts to overturn the DF'ing thing, but it has never worked. And in the end all the atty is going to do is charge you by the hour, so in the end, you get it coming AND going.

• Celia
    Celia
    My mood improved so much I started to listen to polka music.

Garybuss, great quote May I use it ?

• sspo
    sspo

If you have any money sue the elders individually and see if they have the guts to move ahead.

MOST ELDERS WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE if they have to personally dish up some cash out of their pocket.

• skyking
    skyking

You need to get a copy of the Shepherding book which states if you have not been going to the meeting for a while then they can not DF you. I have threatened them with civil court action if they proceeded against their own book guess what it works.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I guess how they found out is I told them when they were coming to my shop I was looking at an internet site that investigated some of the claims jw's made. I also asked how is it women can be of the anointed and have no real role in the cong. You see my mom born in 1915 and my grandmother born in 1890 were all professing to be of the anointed class. I told them this and while I was married I had a very large library of very old books and magazines and even a record player from the 30's with Rutherfords recordings for going door to door. I still have some notes taken by grma in the 30's about adopting the name Jehovah's witnesses. I keep them because they were hers. She died in 1956 and my mom I found out died in 2003 THROUGH THE INTERNET NO LESS! My family has totally disowned me for my lifestyle and I now live 2000 miles away from all of them

• JH
    JH

It's odd that they contact you after 20 years, and know your thoughts.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Trust me. DF or DA - it's meaningless. It's like money in heaven.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit