Disfellowshipping the obese?

by dido 59 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

Has anyone posted this, or has anyone heard that you can now be d/f for being obese? Not that i am, (slightly overweight but arent most people?) but am curious to find out if it is true.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. They'd probably accuse fat jws of greediness.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

One of the reasons my dad was deleted as a servant. I've never heard of dfing. Now you can definitely be dfed for gluttony, but thats rather rare I would think.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You can just see the JC... a slightly overweight sister in front of 3 porker elders? Lol

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

Was this supposed to be a funny thread?

If not...the answer is no, it will never happen. Witnesses have nothing else to do other than eat. Plus what about people who are obese because of a glandular problem?

Elders don't even worry about gluttony anymore. It's not as juicy and sensational as raw sex scandals in the congregation.

• lowden
    lowden

They wouldn't fookin' dare!!

Too much Political Incorrectness there.

Bad Press too because that really could end up in litigation territory.

Peace

Lowden

• sspo
    sspo
    One of the reasons my dad was deleted as a servant. I've never heard of dfing. Now you can definitely be dfed for gluttony, but thats rather rare I would think.

IP

Never heard of anyone being Df for overweight or obese.

It will never happen, have you been to a convention? easily 30% would be canned.

Interestingly the bible does talk specifically about, greedyness and gluttony but nothing about smoking.
    They chose to DF for smoking and not gluttony because it would open up a can of worms in trying to prove you are a glutton.

• Zico
    Zico

It wouldn't surprise me... if they can disfellowship you for smoking, why not obesity? They could easily apply the same principles.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

A lot of elders that I know are obese. They should be first in line to be df'd.

• dido
    dido

WTFBB, it wasn`t meant to be funny, i read something on a womens exjw site that they are going to enforce it, because they were speculating about fat elders being deleted, and how many problems it would cause. I suppose if it was a gland problem you would have to get a certificate from the doctor`s to prove it! IP_sec did your dad really get taken off as a servant because of this, and how do they d/f you for gluttony, sneak by your house and try and catch you eating? I wouldn`t put it past them1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit