Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

Is Romans 9:11 the one your looking for Gumby.
    Open the window & let your nose out because it MUST be growing after this stament
    I never cuss like Mary does

• juni
    juni
    Gumby....who can't wait to sip wine with Peter.

You are so full of it Gumbastard!!

Leave Granny alone and sweet Mary too. If anyone's sipping wine w/ St. Peter it's them two.

You'll have another "lowly" assignment. Hmmmmmmmm.....you knows what ah mean.

Your former concubine,

Juni

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

Don't know, but some of the best ones are,....;-)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Gumby,

I think you mean 1 John 3:6ff.

And I wouldn't trust too much the moralistic NWT rendering about "practicing sin," as if repetition should make the difference. The Johannine teaching is paradoxical (compare 1:9f) an dualistic: in a sense everyone "sins" and yet in every believer there is someone, or something (that which is "born from God") which cannot sin at all.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

It may seem like I'm off on a tangent, but, what about brain-dead hormone ravaged teenagers ? What about depression ? Alcoholics or other addicts ? Obsessive/Compulsive, bi-polar or other mental disorders that 'make' or at least lead people to do destructive things...sins ? Does a psychopath "sin" when they murder ? Even if they don't understand ?

There are so many outside factors that affect us.

For that matter, can religious fervor and beliefs cause people to "sin" in the name of serving God ? Like shunning or letting our kids or other loved ones die over religious doctrines ? Are those..."sins" ? Are they willful ? Accidental ?

Rabbit (hell, I dunno...class)

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    It may seem like I'm off on a tangent, but, what about brain-dead hormone ravaged teenagers ? What about depression ? Alcoholics or other addicts ? Obsessive/Compulsive, bi-polar or other mental disorders that 'make' or at least lead people to do destructive things...sins ? Does a psychopath "sin" when they murder ? Even if they don't understand ?

There are so many outside factors that affect us.

For that matter, can religious fervor and beliefs cause people to "sin" in the name of serving God ? Like shunning or letting our kids or other loved ones die over religious doctrines ? Are those..."sins" ? Are they willful ? Accidental ?

Rabbit (hell, I dunno...class)

I agree with you, Rabbit. There are many countless factors that we often don't or can't take into consideration because of our limited knowledge of a situation.

Which is why I think people (elders) should not be able to judge each other and with one decision ruin many people's lives, or at the very least, cause serious and uneccessary obstacles.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    There are so many outside factors that affect us

That's exactly why the judging should be left to God, not a priest, nor a body of elders.

Warlock

• mouthy
    mouthy

AMEN!!!WARLOCK

• Warlock
    Warlock

Mom,

I hope you stood up and shouted that "Amen". I could use a few bonus points with the Big Guy upstairs

Warlock

• mouthy
    mouthy

STOOD UP???? I WISH I COULD THE OLD HIPS ARE WARNING ME THERE IS GOING TO BE A STORM >>>>THE MAN UPSTAIRS ____SAW WHAT YOU WROTE BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON THE BOARD (((((SMILE)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit