Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

prays that Mouthy doesn't end up in hades*

As long as you keep praying that is O.K. but I am wondering" LORd didnt you say something about it is the RIGHTOUS ones who get there prayer answered?????"So are you really gonna send me to Hades???
    Cos we all know Gumby!!! You probably wont listen to him

• mouthy
    mouthy

And as for Mary!!!! Yes my girl I have noticed a slight reduction of cursing .... If you get your paper out for markings in the Ministry School mark "IMPROVED""" Next time dont laugh so much when you phone me >>>> I thought you were crying.....
    O.K. Be willfull!!! swear all you wont---if I am going to Hades Your one person I would like to have with me

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: I brought up this point because I read a link Mary provided on Shunning and how the Jehovahs Witnesses abuse the scriptures on the subject. One of the things that caught my eye was how the article pointed out that WILLFULL sinners should rightly be shunned. This made me think of the fact that ALL sin is willful unless it's an honest mistake.....

I think the real problem is that what the WTS considers "willful sinning" is not something that the average person/church considers sinning. While everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health, I don't know of any other religion that forces people to shun family members because someone has this weakness. Heavy drinking and obesity are major problems in the Organization and are just as bad, if not worse for your health than smoking is, yet NO ONE is DF'd for being overweight and very, very few Dubs are DF'd for being drunk. If they were, half the membership would be DF'd.

What about openly questioning the Governing Body and their interpretation of the scriptures and coming to a different conclusion than them? According to the WTS, this is not only "willful sinning", this is the "unforgiveable sin" and we all know that nothing you do will get you DF'd faster than to openly question doctrines in this religion. However, I don't believe that this is "willfull" or "unforgiveable" and I don't believe God views it like that either. Much of someone's "sins" is all based on a particularly narrow point of view.

• gumby
    gumby
    Cos we all know Gumby!!! You probably wont listen to him

Now I know fer sure yer goin to Hades! You bad granny you! Judging me and sayin everyone knows I don't listen to my maker has just bought you front row seating in Gehenna my poor sweet Granny who ain't gonna join me at the pearly gates cuz you'll be too busy downunder in the nether world cussin with Mary. With her laughter that sounds like crys and her potty mouth,..... and your judgemental attitude toward gumby, you'll both make 'ol Lucifer proud that you two are his new fiery concubines.

Gumby....who can't wait to sip wine with Peter.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I think some of it can be chalked up to human nature, pure and simple. If "God" didn't want us to do certain things, he/she shouldn't have made us that way.

Is it willful sinning to post on JWD?

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby....who can't wait to sip wine with Peter.

I wouldn't wanna hang from the end of a rope waiting for that to happen.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yeah thats telling him Mary!!!! Go for him girl.... Better not!!! I think he may be joining us under the grass, He will surprised his there, but happy to see us....

• gumby
    gumby

That pic Mary provided shows she's just as demonised as Granny is with her Gumby slander.

Granny, I ain't goin under the grass.... so you can forget about you and Mary losin all your morals (since your in Hell) and tryin ta get frisky with me, cuz I'm gonna be in heaven cuz I ain't judgemental, I never cuss like Mary does, and I ain't demonised like the two of you are and so there's gonna be lots of air space between us and I ain't gonna hafta put up with your Gumby hate and a foul mouth for at least a 1000 years when your both let loose with Satan and his demons to try and destroy others faith with your name-callin and cussin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• M.J.
    M.J.

Good question Gumby. I was just thinking about this the other day. JWs often pray for God to forgive them for their "errors" or "imperfections" rather than their "sins".

It's almost as if they are downplaying their every day sins as irrelevant.

On the other hand, if it's a "relevant" sin that is willful, forget asking forgiveness in a simple prayer. You have to go to the elders for that.

• gumby
    gumby
    Good question Gumby. I was just thinking about this the other day. JWs often pray for God to forgive them for their "errors" or "imperfections" rather than their "sins".

It's almost as if they are downplaying their every day sins as irrelevant.

On the other hand, if it's a "relevant" sin that is willful, forget asking forgiveness in a simple prayer. You have to go to the elders for that.

Howdy M.J. Actually, the Great Crowd shouldn't downplay their sins because they have no redeamer, no mediator, they are not 'in' christ. They are still under old law by assigning Jesus as their High Priest to forgive them of their sins as the High Priest did on a regular basis....rather than believing all those in christ have been forgiven of their sins already. Perhaps the dubs feel this way because the scriptures also say we shouldn't sin, practice sin, be willfull sinners......and yet that's exactly the manner in which all sin. So which is it......are sinners willful sins covered by Jesus blood, or are willful sinners gonna "hafta pay" for their errors even though they are in christ. ...and, can someone find the scripture in 2 John ( I think) where it mentions those who "practice sin". Gumangel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit