'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow - I am overcome at the moment over this. I had come to feel like I knew the guy - he was one with nature and loved what he was doing. I had watched his shows since before he became well known as he is now.

I expected he would get killed by a croc or a poisonous snake - but a sting-ray? How odd.

I hope Terri carries on his wonderful legacy - RIP Mr Irwin!

Jeff

• parakeet
    parakeet

Always thought he was living on borrowed time, but thought it would be a croc that would get him. What a terrible tragedy for his wife and children.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, that's a shock. Such a tragedy for his family and for us.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Such a tragic thing to happen.

He seemed like such a nice genuine guy.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Where are the Aussies to chime in about what they thought of the guy. My friends were totally embarrassed by him. As they put it, most people (i.e., Americans) are ignorant about Australia and Australians, so they have a tendency to watch a program like Irwin's and believe it to be true regardless of its made up value.

I liked the guy to a certain extent. He could be a little over the top. As for the "baby dangling", to me it was just a creepy as good old Wacko Jacko. The upside is that the guy recognized it was over the top and apologized. Also, I think he has sane people around him unlike WJ who does not accept responsibility for anything and will continue to do things that are dangerous and hurtful to his children (and others).

I wish Irwin's wife and children the best. It is hard losing a father when you are young.

• esw1966
    esw1966

That's so sad.

Strange too for a Crocadile Hunter!

Best Wishes to his family and friends!

• Mary
    Mary

When I first saw it on CNN this morning, my first thought was that a croc had finally gotten him. I feel really awful that he's gone. Despite the fact that he 'lived on the edge' and tempted fate many times, you couldn't help but like the guy for his enthusiasm and genuine concern for the wild life and his love for his family......poor bastard.

• Peaches-n-Cream
    Peaches-n-Cream

OMG! How tragic! I am so sad right now.... I really admired him and his special touch with animals.

My heart goes out to his family.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a pity.

He was a true showman; bigger than life, devoted and fearless in his cause.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

great loss for us and our animal friends

RIP Steve, you will be missed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit