'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I felt like someone kicked me in the heart when I heard the news this morning...........we're gonna miss you you crazy Aussie!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Steve Irwin taught me the natural order of things. Crocodiles, snakes, sting rays, all are "dangerous" , but are to be respected. He made me in awe of the animals, and not in fear of them. When I feared the animals, I wanted them in the "New World." I realize now that the New World, the one where the animals are docile, is not the animals nature. God did not design creatures to be docile. Steve taught me that.

Steve loved the animals, his work, and his family. I remember seeing him on Oprah, with Bindi Sue bringing in a snake. In our house, we watched his show on a daily basis. We all felt part of his family. Last week, the rerun was him bringing home his newborn son from the hospital. They also ran Bindi's first time helping catch & tag wild crocodiles. Steve had a group of young croc hunters, he was training. He handed down his craft.

There's a natural spring, Wakulla Springs, that I swam in many moons ago. There are 12 foot alligators in the water. The gators all swim to the opposite side when the bathers come. There has never been a person attacked. In fact, Tarzan movies were filmed there. I always anticipated Steve Irwin shooting a film in Wakulla Springs. That would make a bunch of Southerners look crazier than he!

Now, we will all miss him.

Skeeter

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't care what anyone says Steve Irwin was a great entertainer. His show was one of the few that I loved to watch. He was such a crazy gutsy guy. Man! The stuff he would do. My own husband skin scrawls when he was Steve just touch the wildest deadliest animals! Some of the stuff he did was just too awesome. You can't fake holding a dangerous snake or crocodile. Steve was, actually, injured many times while taping his show. Some things they did script out. So what? The man was an adrenaline junkie like none I've ever seen. Gosh! He always had my adrenaline pumping just from what he was doing.

Crikey! You just had to love the guy. He was just like a big old kid! I feel like I've lost a friend.

As I said before, he probably wouldn't have picked any other way to go. He died doing what he loved. I know that his wife had to expect that this was going to happen sooner or later. I know that she was dreading the call. I hope that her and Steve made some kind of pact between them for this event. Something that would help to ease her pain.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Proverbs 12: 10 A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel. Steve was a righteous man.

• JH
    JH

My mom told me just a while ago, "did you know that Crocodile Dundee died"?

I said, mom are you sure they said crocodile dundee and not something else? Then she told me, I heard on TV they said Crocodile Dundee....

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Yeah, what a beaut bloke.

He loved life, the animal world. There was a re-run last night on the 'Enough Rope' abc television show with host Andrew Denton of how Steve met his wife and how he, in that very moment, knew that she was the one for him. He had such a gutsy attitude and a cheeky face.

It's a sad day for us Aussies today. We feel his loss very much.

Witchettygrub

• free2beme
    free2beme

You know, I liked this guy, and thought he seemed like a very nice man. At the same time, I always expected to see this headline, as he took extreme chances and people who take extreme chances are often met with an end like this in time.

• heathen
    heathen

I was really sad to hear this myself , I loved the crock hunter show and the way he handled the animals . Animal planet has lost perhaps the greatest talent they had .

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Saw this post this morning. Steve Irwin was a really cool guy. He just came across as being a genuinely, good guy.

Sad news.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

So sad. I've been watching him on tv a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit