'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

by Simon 65 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

FHN - I have visited Australia on numerous occasions and love the people and the place! I am saying that my friends who are Australian are embarrassed by Irwin. I would liken it to people thinking that George W is a representation of the US. For some people, they love GW, for those who do not, they are embarrassed by him. I agreed w/ the thread that Aussies and Canadians are laid back. But even laid back people can have an opinion, they just don't take themselves or their opinions to seriously.

AK - Reality t.v. is not solely reality based. What shown on the "behind the scenes" w/ the Crock Hunter showed that sometimes they would not get the desired results that they wanted for t.v. or for the shot and so they would help the shot along.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The dude wrestled with cocs for 30 years then got done in by a STING RAY!

How many people have been killed by sting rays like EVER? 10? WTF man!

Ah, Steve we hardly knew yee!

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

So sad. What a great guy. He got to live a wonderful life and was doing what he loved til the end. I feel so bad for the family.

Please say a prayer for them.

-Eduardo

• Scully
    Scully
    cruel it can be whence your daddy has been eaten by a shark, just think of the ridicule they will have to face up to .

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the facts. He was not "eaten by a shark", so I highly doubt that his children will be ridiculed for their father's tragic and untimely death.

I don't know about where you live, but I would like to think that with all the various kinds of families around the world that have been accepted as "normal" that having a parent die in any manner would not be something for other children to mock or ridicule.

It would be brilliant if they started a scholarship fund in Mr. Irwin's name to assist young people who wanted to pursue an education in wildlife conservation.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    It would be brilliant if they started a scholarship fund in Mr. Irwin's name to assist young people who wanted to pursue an education in wildlife conservation.

It would be an honour to his life's work.

• Scully
    Scully
    the latest is that he got hit on the head by a boomerang

I smell a troll.

Bye bye.

• Spectre
    Spectre

alek, just stop.

• Simon
    Simon
    I have been suprised by the amount of people during my day who have been totally gutted by his death, and the number of people in the UK media who have been genuinely and visibly upset.

The guy at the desk next to me said this afternoon "Y'know, it may sound daft ... but I'm really gutted to hear about him".

There aren't many 'famous' people that I feel bad when they go but Steve is definitely one of them.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i agree wid simon. irwin was himself and was genuinely happy in what he did. i will shed a tear for him.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    as much as you can tell what someone is like from TV, he did appear to be completely open, "as you found him", and a genuinely nice guy who cared for his family and the wildlife around him

I personally know several people who worked directly with Steve on various occasions in the field of crocodile management. He really was as you see him on television. Full on - all the time, and completely honest and passionate about his work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit