• Simon
    Simon

Very sad

Such an enthusiastic / passionate guy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Such a shame.

Ironic that he was killed by something not normally fatal, considering all the really dangerous things he has handled.

Slim

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats a shame, He was one of the few things worth watching on the boob tube.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Crikey, he was a beauty...

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Is this really that unexpected? Darwin has had his eye on this guy for a long time.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Although I have played and fed stingrays many times where they are conditioned to human contact in Grand Cayman, I always keep a healthy distance between myself and the completely wild ones. This is the first stingray death I've heard of.

• JH
    JH

I loved watching him on TV. That's sad...

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The Guy was a complete showman and seemed like a good egg too...genuinely caring for the environment.

I always thought he was on borrowed time though...he really did get close to some dangerous and unpredictable creatures though this stingray didnt seem one of them.Hes the first person killed by one in oz since 1945!

A great loss.

• moshe
    moshe

I just read that a few minutes ago,too. What a loss for us- he certainly got us up close to the WILDlife.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Tough news.

Seemed like he loved his wife as much as he loved living life to the fullest, which is quite a "witness" to the rest of the world.

Thanks for the time, Croc Dude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit