Aussies/Canadians of JWD most laid back~

by FlyingHighNow 51 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The problem Sir is that we have always been tightly wound even before 9/11 or before Bush No. 1 and Bush No. 2. I cannot figure it out. I think it may come from feeling that Americans have something to prove. Does that theory come across as the Bully in the School Yard, a Policing Nation or as a Concerned Neighbor? I think as to the rest of the world it comes across and 1 and 2 of the three options. Maybe if the U.S. of A sat back and allowed others to handle their own problems we would 1) have a better handle on our own problems (hello and happy birthday Katrina victims); 2) not be universally hated by most other countries; 3) not waste billions of dollars trying to drag a country out of something that their own people do not want help out of (the list of this crap could go on for pages ... but you get my point).

Well, we seem to be pissing off everyone we try to help, so yeah, I'm all for just kicking back and not being the World Police.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I have just finished reading Dansk's view of the world. One thing there was quite correct - SOMEONE has got their brains caved in! Jack.

• juni
    juni

IAN - I LOVE WHAT YOU SAID. I LIKED YOUR BREAKDOWN. FROM THIS FORUM SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE AUSSIES HAVE IT HANDS DOWN. I'VE GOT TO VISIT THE CONTINENT!! LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.

IT'S A RAT RACE IN AMERICA. BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY THOUGH. A LOT OF VARIETY.

BUT YOU BRITS STILL DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!

CANADIANS? WHERE'S CANADA?

I FOR ONE LOVES YOU ALL!! HEE HEE HEE

Juni WELCOME DOOFDADDY!!!

Yes us English (I can't talk for the Scots, Welsh or Irish - they are all a bit different to us), do have a superiority complex that comes from always winning wars!

SOUTH AFRICAN BEEF - I DO BELIEVE YOU LOSS THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION!! THAT'S WHY WE DRIVE ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE ROAD!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Juni,

Glad you liked the post (hope people didn't take me too seriously!) LOL!

IT'S A RAT RACE IN AMERICA. BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY THOUGH. A LOT OF VARIETY.

Saving to get over!! Could be next year Any ApostaFests??

Ian

• juni
    juni

There will ALWAYS be a party Ian that you and Claire can attend!

It's soooooo good to have you back and feeling well. I do enjoy your posts and your sincerity. This is a fun post. Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,

Juni

• shera
    shera
    You know Why Canadians are sooooooooooo laid back EH??..Because..We know the solution to globel problems..BEER!!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

LOL! So true...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Another thing about Australians Flyinghignow,

We arent raciest in Australia we love white people.

Did I ever tell you I love you, Barry? Thanks for the smile. You made me smile. And I absolutely adore John Cleese.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, my father is English, and he does have a very good sense of humour, but he is definitely not laid back. He is very nit-picky and superior. I thought this might be because of being a JW but I have to say I found my non JW English cousins and grandparents the same way when I visited. I always half expected them to start up a stirring rendition of "Rule Britannia". Perhaps dominating the world for so many centuries makes them a tad testy and a little rude and abrupt (I found)! They actually asked me how was life in the colonies?

Now, of course, the USA is the major world power (I learned this from JW's) so they are always having to make sure everyone knows they are top dog! That's a lot of pressure.

So why are Canadians so laid back? Well, of course the beer and pot factor cannot be discounted. Plus, we've never had any aspirations towards world domination. We are confident in the sheer enormity of our land mass. As all the ladies know, size really does matter! So we have nothing to prove. And we are all just so gosh darn friendly and polite (except for Kid-A) . You'd be surprised how far a little political correctness can go. That's not to say we are pushovers though. If you take away our pot and our hockey and water down our beer we can get downright ornery!

Cog

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I know not all Brits are like your dad, Cog, but my dad's wife sure is. She has no idea how arrogant she is.

• JH
    JH

Canada man here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit