Aussies/Canadians of JWD most laid back~

by FlyingHighNow 51 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was thinking today, I've been here at JWD for nearly three years now. I've observed that our Aussie members are the most laid back members on the board here.They don't take their country, their politics or anything too seriously really.

People who are from Europe tend to be more laid back than the Brits and Americans.

Canadians tend to be more laid back than Americans or Brits.

It's a toss up of who is more intense and more self-serious between Americans and Brits.

My perception and opinions. Feel free to share yours.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Being Canadian I'm just going to watch this thread =D Though in all seriousness if you catch me on the right topic watch out.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I say taking things too seriously, I mean over thinking things and getting upset about it all.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Canadians tend to be more laid back than Americans or Brits.

Probably from all the pot.

~luv, jojo

• Twitch
    Twitch

All that I AM, I owe to Bob and Doug McKenzie,......

;-)

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

EH?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Yes Americans are too tightly wound. I have never understood it. I love the Aussie sense of humor. It is great. When I was traveling w/ my Aussie friends we were talking about the whole "politically correct" obsession that Americans have w/ everything. My friend was saying that there are words that Aussies should not use because of their connotation, but they use them anyways. Because it is what it is. They are very practical people (w/ a great sense of humor).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Even Aussie JW's are laidback.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

laid back where?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Being the envy of the Civilised World, Americans are tightly wound from 24/7 fear of terrorism, and also constant embarrassment (Dear Leader).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit