Aussies/Canadians of JWD most laid back~

by FlyingHighNow 51 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Katie, I hate the pressure people put on kids to be seen and not heard. I see it here in the USA, too. My dad's wife is British and I am miserable when I have my grandchildren around her. She picks apart everything they do. I guess it's good that she didn't have her own children. I love the British culture and people though.

• south african beef
    south african beef

For once I totally agree with Dansk!

(Dansk swoons)

Yes us English (I can't talk for the Scots, Welsh or Irish - they are all a bit different to us), do have a superiority complex that comes from always winning wars!

You should here the songs our football supporters sing when England are playing in the World Cup - rather racist perhaps but in a light hearted way, just remembering when Britain ruled the world (still does in many ways). Scots etc don't actually know what it's like to play in the World cup, oh i do remember them playing Peru was it in 1978?!

The Aussies are all descendants from our criminals we sent there 100 or so years ago - very careful not to say that they are all criminals now, I'm sure a few of them are not! Don't want a punch on the nose!

I like to live in the past sometimes when it comes to world geography - I talk about Ceylon, Rohdesia, etc etc!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    For once I totally agree with Dansk!

Ian

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    The Aussies are all descendants from our criminals we sent there 100 or so years ago

Too funny SAB..you gave me my grin for the day! I'm not beating you up here but I do feel that for anyone that isn't up on their history, couldn't you be a bit more enlightening and tell them that criminal back in ye olde merry england at that time, could mean a child of 12 stealing a slice of bread to live on. Or a poor woman sentenced to 10 years for being caught with a watermelon - along with of course the various rapists, horse thieves, murderers or traitors. Lets not forget the wardens, medical staff, ships crew and prison guards who stayed, procreated and settled themselves in as Aussies. Oh yes, and lets not forget the thousands of home children shipped from England to Canada and Australia by the boat loads - ripped from their families forever and many not orphaned but simply poor. I really am smiling..cos I love the Brits. Its in my blood. sammieswife.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"You should here the songs our football supporters sing when England are playing in the World Cup - rather racist perhaps but in a light hearted way, just remembering when Britain ruled the world (still does in many ways). Scots etc don't actually know what it's like to play in the World cup, oh i do remember them playing Peru was it in 1978?!"- southafricanbeef.

Well I was just about to give Dansk heaps about winning wars and was about to remind him of the 1966 World Cup final. Oh, and the Falklands!

The Scots were in the '82 finals in Spain and missed out on the next round by conceding two goals to N.Z.

Well its 10:04 here, guess it's time to get up. I wonder where the kids are? BTW you Canadians, Kiwis say 'eh' all the time too so we might be more closely related than we thought. Must go and check on my fian.....'pet' sheep.

Pete

• penny2
    penny2
    Even Aussie JW's are laidback.

I agree. Maybe that's why less Aussie JWs seem to be leaving compared to other countries. I don't know the stats, but that's how it looks to me, especially in South Oz (far from base, ie bethel). Now that hardly anyone worries about FS except during the CO's visit, it's just a matter of coasting along. If your whole family is still in and no-one rocks the boat, all is good. But if you do rock the boat, it's the same as everywhere else.

penny2

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Doofdaddy

I would love to vote that little turd Howard and his bible-bashing cronies out of office, but who do you vote for if you don't vote for Howard? Kim?? Who wants a Prime Minister called Kim????

Pope

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am rather fond of our brothers and sisters across the pond. I don't think the Brits are esp. uptight-but I know that I am. . .in spite of being only two generations away from being Canadian:)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm Southeastern Gulf Coast American. I speak with no malice intended. I live in Southwest Michigan and people here are soft spoken, polite and mannerly. They aren't near as uptight as the folks in say North Georgia where I lived in middle and high school and later went back to raise my kids there.

Again, I am speaking more of JWDers than people in general. I find the comment about children in Greece and how they are treated fascinating. Greek food is healthy. Their lifestyle is of a healthier pace than ours. They treat their children well, too? Sounds like reciple for a happier, healthier life. -

• barry
    barry

Another thing about Australians Flyinghignow,

We arent raciest in Australia we love white people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit