Are witnesses Christians?

by KW13 58 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I know that all religions have their flaws, so do you agree that witnesses should call themselves Christians or are they 'too un-christian'?

The baptism, i think proves its different, they are baptized into an Organization, that forms part of the questions...agreeing that the Society is God's earthly representation.

Personally i feel they are not Christians.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

I always think of them as a cult hiding behind the Bible.

• blondie
    blondie

In the strictest sense of the term, Christian, I consider JWs Christians. They consider themselves Christians. Other people do too. In the end, it is how people live their daily lives that determines whether they are Christians, not the religious group they belong to.

Blondie

• agapa37
    agapa37

In my opinion I believe that they are taught to be more Christlike then any other religion. Notice i said taught. The reality is that many do not adhere to the teachings which is not uncommon for any religion.

• stillajwexelder
  • fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I would say so. The kinder ones display many of the qualities you would look for in Christians.

They have a differrent way of interpreting the bible to other denominations, but that doesn't make them wrong, just differrent.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes, some are.

What Blondie said

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In my opinion I believe that they are taught to be more Christlike then any other religion

Really? How?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Good question. I dunno.

Are Christians Christians?

Slim

• shera
    shera
    In my opinion I believe that they are taught to be more Christlike then any other religion
    Really? How?

Yes,I am really wondering how so myself. Please do so, tell..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit