NEED ADVICE ON FAKING A REINSTATEMENT

by Mary 72 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

, I'd do it. I dont' give a flip what anyone says about integrety or whatever, If my family knew it was just an symbolic act, it meant nothing, fine.

Isnt that what FREEDOM is. !!!!! We should NOT care about what others think...I personally DONT!!!!

I know I will do what I want NOW!!! I have done what ever the BIG O wanted for many years.But when I tell folks what I believe ( after they ask) & they mock..... I just figure I stand before ONE & it "aint the BIG O---------It is the ALPHA the Omega... Sorry for the ones that will be offended by me..

• astro
    astro

Greetings

I must concur with oldflame,J.Thomas here.

What a sad situation. Having to lie and be dishonest is not going to gain a real family realtionship.What it does achieve is keeping that person more alone. Alone in the sense that it keeps the real person hidden.Hidden because one can't express or share the real person within. Bonds can't be deepened,but remain on a shaky shallow level.Positive growth and change are impossible-and isn't that how we are supposed to learn? By our honest and positive interchanges with our loved ones and the world itself?

I'm not using hyperbole here but to imagine the distorted dynamics in this situation creates and perpetuates self abuse.

Betrayal of the self comes at too high a cost. With dishonesty as basically the foundation in having these people in one's life will not survive.

The foundation of honesty is being true to yourself-no matter what others may think.The virtue of honesty is valuable in and of itself.

Just mho fwiw

• astro
    astro

Greetings-again

I should have made my above post 'part 1'.

I wanted to make a suggestion for your friend.

Has he considered talking to an exit counselor?

I know we all come out of the borg with some distorted and dysfunctional thinkings.a counselor may be able to help him learn t personal acceptance and boost esteem.These help strengthen our personal foundation of integrity and honesty and character.. Because the flip side of those(if he returned) would be having to deal with feelings of shame,guilt etc.

It would be tantamount to returning to an abusive parent.spouse etc.Something the borg manipulates all to well in many folks.

Again,jmho.....

• wednesday
    wednesday

Mary I just read my first reply to this, and now this one, I have toughned up a bit. lol In the end, he'll have to make that decision for himself. Life can be very cold and loney without family, even hypocritical family.

From what you have said about the family it does not sound like they expect them to pioneer upon being reinstated. They are just probably embarrassed and want to be able to "legally" socialize with them and may not give a rat's arse if they really love Jehovah. They too are most likely banking on the time affect of it just wearing on you and it becoming your life again, and all that.

So, if it was me YES DO IT. After you are restated, the family will probably be so happy they won't push or anything like that, and for what it worth, it's been done for decades and by some elders familles etc. It's the going thing-you know. I'm not making light, but it's been done for so long, it is not even funny anymore. I have seen it many times, a reinstatement read, and NEVER see the person again. In that case one knows the family is in on the game.

But its a game and that is what's so sad. So play the stupid game and get your family back. Don't discuss anything with anyone who would rat you out (family included) and live your life. You would be so surprised how many jws are doing this right now, as we speak. They just want normal family life. As we all do.

I know all the stuff about being true to yourself, but life is cold and lonely and if you have no friends, and don't see your family, who wants to see you, it can be a sad life. There is no reason to let these pompous A-holes stop you from enjoying your life. Just go through their stupid little kangaroo court thing, and shed a tear or two, and lie out your arse. I assure you God will not strike you down. Afterward, don't make negative statements to anyone, just go on with life, If your family notice you are not attending, tell them you feel depressed. Depression will get you a long way b/c you would not believe how many jws suffer from it. Depression fatigue, allergies, etc., (all which can be caused from stress) Make sure you have NON JWS friends. Stay connected to the outside world and have some fun. Just let the jws world be a small part of your world. I swear it can be done. Women have more problem doing this b/c women have feelings and actually care. It is sort of like sex. Ever heard the expression "have sex like a man" That means sleep with anyone who strikes your fancy and then don't call them back, dump then like a hot potato when you choose. men do this all the time. They don't get all emotional about sex. Women are different. They need a relationship, they care about the other persons. feelings and all that. They would never think about having sex with someone whose name they did not even know. But a man will.

So, If you can have sex like a man, ie, do it, and not remember their name, you can get reinstated and not care one bit. I bet men do this much better than women. In fact, we have an elder, I believe it is jwelder or xjwelder can't recall, he is in Canada I think. I believe he is still an elder in good standing. He posts here.

have sex like a man. get reinstated. have a nice life.

• astro
    astro

I disagree with your response wed.

The individual whos is thinking of reinstatement can certainly make new and better friendships out of the org.

No one has to be lonely.Do you think this person is incapable of creating and maintaining relationships out of the org? I don't think so.I know many people who have friendships that equal the love and strength attributed to 'blood relatives'-even stronger and better because they chose these people because of the qualities they needed in their lives.

The lonliest time of my life were the years in the org.My son told me he felt the same.

Especially in view of just how conditional friendships within the org. are. When one can't be totally themselves be able to share and express any ideas they may have..(have to stick to the party line) just what quality of friendships are those?

I have a hard time understanding anyone who would encourage another to re-enter any type of abusive censorious and dysfunctional relationship just because they are related.It's like a slave becoming free,then willingly donning the chains again.Nothing noble in that.

Yes,this is what this pathetic religion/corp. can make people sink too.But in NOT doing so,remaining true to oneself,one takes back the power and control the org.s grip once had on them.

If the person is to keep this 're-newed' family/friend relationship just a 'small part' of their lives,just how positive and satisfying is that? Then what is the real point? That the family can sit with him,talk in jahspeak or shallow generalities because honesty and truth cannot be a part of the relationship? That makes no life enhancing point at all.And that is the point of real love and freindship-to grow positively-become the best people we can be.....this cannot ever happen in such stunted compromised realtionships.

• mouthy
    mouthy

he is in Canada I think. I believe he is still an elder in good standing. He posts here.

WHAT did you say????? I would be VERY interested in this man ???? Any info on him????

• gumby
    gumby
    Betrayal of the self comes at too high a cost.

Does one REALLY betray themselves if they are just playing a game to gain their family back? A sacrifice yes, but betrayal of self might be a strong word. If the payoff is keeping away from suicide and having your family back, perhaps the sacrifice is worth it. The organisation doesn't leave many options to choose from.

Gumby

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Mary: NEED ADVICE ON FAKING A REINSTATEMENT

Me: When does a woman need advice on faking anything?

Gumby: Gosh UnConfused is cool

Me: I wished I had a family I could live like Gumby does!

Mary: But I love you UnConfused

Me: FAKER!

• wednesday
    wednesday

astro

I can almost see you singing "i got to be me" .. I'm not messing with you, I see you are a newbie. I guess you are a new XJWS too. I know how it feels when you first leave, it is all so fresh and painful. But so many of us have familes. Some of them don't get a rats arse if we love jehovah, they just want us to make an appearance occ at a Sunday meeting. what the heck, most ppl go to church anyhow.

I'm sure you feel i'm being glib, and you have a right to your feelings. I won't take that from you, God knows JWS have taken so much from us all. But stick around and read some of the personal stories and find out how we all cope.

Mary said this person wanted his family back. I hope he is capable of making friends outside the org,. Some of us upon leaving have not been able too. We were like social retards. I was just cautioning that to not let them take up his entire world , which can happen if one has a big family and is being loved bombed.

mouthy,

the fellow i'm thinking about is xjwb12 i think, he is an elder and posts. (I recall this fellow admitting he had an eye for the ladies, i do) or anyhow the poster has jwelder in the screen name and they say they are an elder and in good standing and i recall they say they are from canada. they may not be on this board anymore, they may be on the other xjw boards. . I don't know, i stopped checking them , i found some totally NON jws boards to go to. NOW recall, i have not been very active on this board since the huge political fall-out after Bush was elected. so, that has been a while.

If I had a big family that loved me and wanted me, I'd consider attending a sunday meeting to keep peace. I could do that. I can daydream through it. I used to all the time anyhow.

We must all get up every day and go to work and come home. It can be so sad to come home to nothing but a computer and TV. Yes it is blackmail, but I've seen baptists and other religions do it too.

• juni
    juni

Does one REALLY betray themselves if they are just playing a game to gain their family back? A sacrifice yes, but betrayal of self might be a strong word. If the payoff is keeping away from suicide and having your family back, perhaps the sacrifice is worth it. The organisation doesn't leave many options to choose from.

Gumby

I hear you Gumby.

Hugs, Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit