NEED ADVICE ON FAKING A REINSTATEMENT

by Mary 72 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Grace - I knew you would be back.....I just knew it!!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Mouthy]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Jeff

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

There is a lot of really good advice here.

I too have been told to come back even though I no longer believe it. Because of my apostatcy status I would have to sit at the back of the bus KH for no telling how long. Maybe years. I pointed out to the family members who suggested this that would mean me lying and they said Jehovah moves hearts and that eventually I might not have to lie. What kind of side step is that?? I told them if they wanted to be cake eaters fine I could respect that. But they actually believe that BS and to suggest faking a reinstatement is beyond hypocritical. They call themselves liberal JW's. bah!! They are hypocrites.

I told them I could do anything I wanted out in the open. I did not have to hide and I would not have it any other way. This is by no means a slam to faders. I have all the respect in the world for you. I would have faded given the choice. I just think some of my dub relatives are hypocrites.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Grace - I knew you would be back.....I just knew it!!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Mouthy]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Jeff Yes I am addicted to all of you Thanks Jeff for remembering me

• gumby
    gumby

If I personally went through the trouble of trying to get re-instated, went to many meetings, got all dressed up, took the time to do all this after 11 years and then have them tell me it could take a year or more, that someone needs to study with me, that they will expect me to study my lessons and will check to see if I did, will watch me like policemen......I just might tell them to kiss my fricken ass and tell them exactly what I think of these heartless bastards who in no way shape or form would act like Jesus would. When he forgave....he forgave. He didn't make someone wait a year to prove themselves. The prodigal sons father didn't tell his son he'd have to work for him for a year before he could throw him a party and give him a hug to welcome him back.

I'm afraid that as bitter as I have become towards this cults teachings and what it stands for ( not bitter at individual members ), I might not be able to kiss ass the way your expected to....but who knows what you'd do if you actually went through it, and if you could keep the fact that your getting your family back in focus strong enough.

Gumby

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok forgive me if I'm wrong about this but I don't think I am. If you can manage to get 'rebaptized' then aren't your sins forgiven again? Couldn't your friend go to a assembly were they aren't known get in with the persons to be baptized and have someone snap a pic of them being dipped? I mean at that point all their sins are forgiven and they are witnesses again! So whatever they got dfed for is automatically gone right?!

Maybe blondie or one of the others could shed some light on this and if it would work or not!

Of course this IS gonna piss off the elders and they will be endlessly stalked and harassed!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

There is a lot of good advice in this thread. I have been lurking and thought I would add my two cents...

I was never d'fd but I have been faking being a witness for years. Since I was baptized really.

But I don't want to leave regardless of my beliefs because my family is more important than myself. (no ill will to those that feel differently it is just the way I am)... So faking being a good dub isn't as bad as most people think. I even smoke and have not had trouble. (yet)

1. Take something to do during the meetings. I have found that suduko cut out of newspapers slipped in my bible make me look nice and studious. I also write short stories.

2. You have to go in service. Most of the congregations have one Saturday where the whole congregation meets together instead of just at the book study. This is the best time to go. You get the maximum exposure for the least amount of effort. I claim to be very shy and ask other people to talk at the door for me. Usually you are working with different people and can spread this around a bit. Also I am very famous for being a "breakfast" kind of service guy. On the rare occasion I do have to talk at a door I read a scripture. Then I lie on my service report and always put the average for the congregation from two months back.

3. Sometimes its a good idea to do a nice heartfelt comment. This means you read the sentence in the paragraph and add a "this thought really meant allot to me" at the beginning or the end of it. Sometimes it helps to para-phrase

4. Being social.. I like talking to people. I keep a few "spiritual thoughts" tucked away in my head for when people want to talk about it. I was tipped off to this a few years ago when I overheard someone saying something to the effect of "IMBA never talks about spiritual things". So now when the conversation goes that way I have something to say. Even if it is fluff, they expect you to pretend to be a bible scholar remember. Talking about “the strength of the demons” is a good one because they love to talk about demons for some reason.

5. Most importantly keep your thoughts/complaints/reactions to yourself. Until you meet someone that you can trust with them. And be careful half the people you think you can trust you can't. More than half really. But there are those out there that will listen to theories and thoughts if presented the right way. But it has to be approached carefully. There are a few hot button topics that if you come barreling in with them they are going to KNOW that you have been talking with the "evil apostates". IE - 607, United Nations, COC, etc.. Try to be more subtle. Talk about things that make it look like your just being a good student. And end your sentences with something vague like, "I can't want until we get clarification on this," or "perhaps we will find the answers when the new scrolls are opened."

Coming back in from being D'fd has got to be much harder. There is that whole waiting period and sucking up. But I like to think that I am floating instead of fading. I am basically agnostic so I don't really care what people believe. And when you're entire family (many generations) and social circle is made up of this it is hard to break away. Mostly I just to be with the people I love.

Good Luck!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I too kind of drift in and out but I am too far addicted to stay away from JWD There are so many people I love and just look at how many of them are newbies. It really proves one thing that people are more and more aware of the lies and deceit of the WTS. They are making a mad exodus to safety.

I couldn't stomach one second of pretense just to get reinstated to have my family back. I am the same person I have always been and I wouldn't get down and dirty with my conscience even for my family. If they truly love you as they claim then they will side step the idiocy of the WTS and associate with you. I feel it is ridculous to try and fake it for a family that doesn't even bother with you. If they truly loved you they would make a concerted effort to see you. They are adept at this so called "theocratic lying." or being

I just believe in my heart of hearts if my mom and sisterlove me like they assert then they would use the natural law of love that God gave them rather then being subservient to those man made rules the governing body try and heap upon the witnesses. They are all going to be somewhat suprised when they see there will be no Armaggedon or tribulation, Everyday of our lives is filled with enough tribulations and problems surely if God were a loving god as the Witnesses claim then he would have already lifted their trials and tribulations of their day to day lives.

I just stop and recall how many witnesses I knew who just go through the motions of being a good witness. Most would rather be doing anything else instead of being a witness, but the fear implanted and brainwashed into their minds keep them from leaving. That is a real sad fact and I am certain the statistics are very high too.

I could not even for one minute stomach setting foot into a kingdom hall. I could never go against my own consciense

I am so grateful that the God of the WatchTower is not the God of the Holy Scriptures. And Amem to that.

It is the grace of our Lord that saved me from a totally destructive organization.

I hope that your freind cnn find away to get around his dilema rather then having to make a pretext of going through the motions pretending to be something he isn't in his heart. I wish him well and my prayers are with all of you are going through simlair circumstances with the family they love with all their hearts.

all my love

orangefatcat

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am basically agnostic

I read your post & was baffaled to say the least UNTIL I read that sentence above. & went WHEW!!!! thank GOD for that....If you dont believe in The Creator ....I could see where you could behave like that.. but if one DOES believe in Jesus Christ I DONT THINK it could be done.

But I bet your being used mate.!!!! because if you read a scripture at the door. your planting.!!!! Let us hope there is enough of us that STILL LOVE GOD to put the ones at the door you read it to, STRAIGHT!!!! That the Watchtower is a WICKED CULT that destroys people - who kill themselves after the WT is finished with their mind, who have nervous breakdowns because of the fear of Armeggedon. They break up families & make hypocrites of others...They dont have to tell the truth....Yet MY GOD says the Devil is the Father of the liar..... They identify themselves by that alone. I hope you know they teach you do not have to tell the truth to those who dont deserve it. Yet Jesus said SPEAK TRUTH at all times.

Dont want to hurt you my friend. But being mouthy! & opinionated I just had to reply

• gumby
    gumby

I've heard it recently said by two different witnesses that "jehovah is using any means possible to gather his people right now". I wonder if this means they have become lax in letting others "back in"?

Gumby

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have not read all replies, but I would do what ever I had to get my family out of the jorg. I would have done what hopie did, to help my family. But a lot of what hopie did depended on her really good relationship with her daughter. I have her book and it was excellent.

If my whole family knew I did not want to be a jws, but was willing to make me a part of the family again if I just managed to get my self reinstated, I'd do it. I dont' give a flip what anyone says about integrety or whatever, If my family knew it was just an symbolic act, it meant nothing, fine. I have seen so many jws do the very same thing . They get reinstated and you never see them again--. why would I care.? they want to be with their family. you only have one life and if you can find a way to be with your family. and they don't force you to actually believe that BS, then i'd do it.

I would not worry one second about doing thisi. the only people I would care about is my family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit