JW official website promoting Jesus?

by agapa37 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

JW's believe in Jesys. They believe in the Prophet Muhammed, George Bush, The Great Pumpkin, need I go on....The publications do not discuss the NT in any substantive way. Further most JWs really have no idea about concepts that Christians take as common knowledge. Like grace. My spouse just looked at me when I said that we are under grace and said quote: "What is grace?" My spouse is a JW as well.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    All Bible translators add indefinite articles ( a, an ) in there rendering of scriptures. The way it is translated agrees with the context of the scripture. Jesus being a Mighty God does not demean him or lower his statis or role in any way.

Actually, saying the word was a god, instead of the word was God has nothing to do with context. It does, however, have everything to do with the jws rejection of the trinity doctrine.

I don't personally believe in god anyway, and I really couldn't care less whether he is part of a trinity or not, but one of the ways the jws differ from many other religions is on the trinity, and they put that "a" there to back their theory up. The way they write it makes jesus a lesser god, which is exactly how they see him.

• heathen
    heathen

Surprised the article isn't entitled - How the WTBTS can change your life . With the FDS dogma they put themselves in place of jesus , they even state they are a mediator for the great crowd . So that article is misleading , in fact I will go there and read it just to see how they covolute their argument , I'm sure it will wind up with how being obedient to a book publishing corporation is how jesus wants to change your life . They will no doubt boast in themselves as being a prophet which can change the meaning any time that God wants new light to shine ......................blah blah

• blondie
    blondie

The end of that article shows who the target audience is:

Would you be willing to benefit from this way of healing spiritual, emotional, and physical sicknesses? To do so requires faith in Jesus Christ. Why not come to the Physician yourself? You can do that by learning about Jesus Christ and his role in saving faithful mankind. Jehovah's Witnesses will be happy to help you.

So the focus is on non-JWs; the question is what do articles that are targeted to JWs say? The WTS wants to lure people in but what happens after they are baptized?

In the 7/1/99 three study articles following that article, Jesus or Christ(ians) is mentioned only 10 times total while in the article targeted to non-JWs, 27 times.

*** w99 7/1 p. 8 Parents, What Does Your Example Teach? ***

Ask yourself, does the Bible talk about imitating Christ?

Does the Bible talk about having the mind of Christ?

Does the Bible talk about Jesus being our father?

Yet rarely are these scriptures used in study articles that target JWs.

Does the WTS teach that anyone else besides JWs are “true Christians” even calling non-JWs, “so-called” Christians.

What happens when 75 or 80% of the scriptures and examples used are from the Hebrew Scriptures; is the focus on Jehovah or Jesus?

(1 Corinthians 11:1) 11 Become imitators of me, even as I am of Christ.

(1 Corinthians 2:16) 16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

*** w04 11/1 p. 13 Happy Servants of Jehovah ***

The peaceable “other sheep” serve Jehovah under the Fine Shepherd, Christ Jesus, who becomes their “Eternal Father.”

*** w95 8/1 p. 13 Jehovah—A God Who Teaches ***

Therefore, they properly address God as “Father” because he will, in effect, be their Grandfather through the “Eternal Father,” Jesus Christ

Blondie

• M.J.
    M.J.

I read an article from the 90s in the Watchtower about loving Christ.

The most they could come up with is being appreciative for what he did.

I don't know, I can appreciate what a lot of people have done for me, including my parents for their part in giving me life in the first place, but that doesn't automatically translate to love.

Love requires much more than reading an occasional compliment about someone.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah
    However, Jesus is relegated to a minor role

Well, I must say that the article I read on the Website was far from relegating Jesus to a minor role. It stated that Jesus is the way to true happiness and is the only hope for mankind. That too me sounds like a very important figure. The article even encourages people to IMITATE him.

According to JW's and their published literature, Jesus' sacrafice only applies to those in the new convenant, ie. the 144,000. The rest of humanity receives the benefits of that sacrafice through the anointed only.

I find it very interesting that Adam's sin encompassed the whole of humanity and yet Jesus' sacrafice, God's own sons blood only has the forgiving power for the 144,000. So, yeah sure, they really think he is important.

• agapa37
    agapa37

So the focus is on non-JWs;

Blondie of course it is targeted for those on the outside. thats the idea of witnessing and obeying the commision Jesus gave his disciples....To teach and preach and make MORE disciples.

the question is what do articles that are targeted to JWs say?

They say alot. As a matter of fact Many if not most WT articles are directed to baptised witness. How to apply princibles in thier lives, how to be more Christ like and so on.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

How many times was loyalty to Jesus mentioned at this summers district convention? How many times was loyalty to the "faithful and discreet slave"?

There is no doubt that the Society promotes Jesus Christ. The problem is that they interject themselves into the equation. Jesus did not say "No man comes to the Father except through the faithful and discreet slave and then me." Jesus set up a simple arrangement whereby the individual Christian had direct access to him, there was no provision for another layer of mediation whereby the Governing Body became defacto mediator. Yet that is the arrangement now put forth by the Society.

It takes more than just mentioning Jesus in some online news article.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Promoting Jesus or not, with the JWs there's whole load of people standing between you and him.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I find it very interesting that Adam's sin encompassed the whole of humanity and yet Jesus' sacrafice, God's own sons blood only has the forgiving power for the 144,000.

Not even that...According to WT doctrine Jesus' sacrifice was ONLY to offset Adam's original sin, not the sins of you or I, yet the effect was that it bought mankind back what Adam lost in the garden. But anyway the point is that God's own sons' blood ONLY has the forgiving power for ONE measly sin. Thus the emphasis is that Christ was the EQUAL (though opposite) of Adam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit