JW official website promoting Jesus?

by agapa37 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elatwra
    elatwra
    All Bible translators add indefinite articles ( a, an ) in there rendering of scriptures. The way it is translated agrees with the context of the scripture. Jesus being a Mighty God does not demean him or lower his statis or role in any way.

Agapa please don't buy into their pseudo scholarship. As a matter of fact john placed the words in such a way to emphasize the fact that there is no article there. If you do not believe me please go to your local university with your interlinear new testament find an atheist(non biased) student of classical greek and ask him to give you a literal(word by word) translation.I am from Greece and I took ancient greek and koine greek courses in high school and college. The watchtower has violated all sort of greek grammar and syntax rules in order to get the new testament to agree to their theology and that is one of their more horrific examples.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was in the organization for more than thirty years. I have lived through many changes in "truth" dispensed from the organization.

I would have to say that when I found out that the WT society came out with the new teaching that Jesus is the mediator of only the 144,000 and not all of mankind, I was very disturbed.

I have always believed from my reading of the Bible that Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. Now the GB says this is not so. That we must go through the faithful and discreet slave. More and more emphasis on the slave, less and less on Jesus.

I felt robbed of a real relationship with Jesus. I never read that anyone was a helper to us with the father except Jesus. HE is our mediator. We must pray and approach the Father only through Jesus.

How do you feel about that? Are you willing to have anyone other than Jesus as your mediator?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Russell started the religion to be Jesus Centric, but Rutherford changed this focus to Jehovah and the Organization. Of course Jesus is regularly mentioned, but not with the amount of focus Jesus is shown in the bible or other Christian religions.

From a spiritual viewpoint the most damaging aspect is that the Watchtower Society usurps the role of Jesus by placing itself as spokesman, intermediary and mediator between God and Man. The Bible plainly states that it is Jesus alone that fills these roles. By granting these rights to the leaders and removing them from the followers the Watchtower makes the followers dependant on the leaders for spirituality and salvation. Close association with the Organization and the leaders is essential. By speaking of following the Organization attention is diverted from the one person attention should be fixed on; Jesus.

Who is our mediator … the Faithful Slave

Jesus said that he alone is the mediator for mankind and it is only through him that a person can have a relationship with God. The Watchtower claims he is only mediator to the leaders; all other people need to align themselves with the leaders to receive these benefits.

Bible - 1 Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus”

John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Watchtower 1979 November 15 p.24 “So Jesus Christ in heaven is the Mediator between God and the spiritual Israelites. … There are still more than 9,000 who profess to be spiritual Israelites in the new covenant. … To keep in relationship with “our Savior, God,” the “great crowd” needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites.”

Watchtower 1981 November 15 p.21 “…come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation”

Fix our Eyes on … the Organization

Bible - Hebrews 12:2

(NWT) “look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus…”

(NIV) “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…”

Watchtower 2003 February 15 p.31 “Jehovah’s people today carefully fix their eyes on the progressive Bible-based instructions that Jehovah gives through his earthly organization. (Psalm 123:1, 2) Yes, they act on his direction, being alert to whatever Jehovah indicates through “the faithful and discreet slave.””

Whom do we go to … the Organization

Peter said whom could we go to apart from Jesus. The Watchtower states that whom means where.

Bible - John 6:68 “Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to?”

2 Corinthians 1:21 “But he who guarantees that YOU and we belong to Christ and he who has anointed us is God.”

Watchtower 1975 September 1 p.531 “Where could we turn if we would leave God’s organization today? There is nowhere else! (John 6:66-69)”

Who are we baptized to … the Organization

When a Jehovah’s Witness gets baptized the second baptism vow asks that you wish to be identified with God’s Organization. This is in conflict with biblical guidance on baptism; no mention was made of joining an organization consisting of earthly intermediaries.

Bible - Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit”

Watchtower 1985 June 1 p.30 “Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”

Rejection of Christ’s memorial

Each year the Other Sheep gather for the memorial. Their passing the bread and wine uneaten amounts to a rejection of Christ’s sacrifice.

Bible (John 6:51-57) . . .I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” 52 Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me.

*** w88 2/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers *** Today there remains alive on earth only a small remnant of those chosen by God for heavenly life. Only such ones who are in “the new covenant” are authorized to partake of the emblems, the bread and the wine, during the annual Memorial celebration.

• heathen
    heathen

Some good points being made here . They seem to constantly waver on exactly what the great crowd is, christians or spiritual jews . The great crowd are treated as they are nothing more than the foreign proselytes were to ancient Israel , not in the covenant but welcome to participate in worship by obeying the laws of moses . At least they understand that jesus over turned the law of moses and replaced it but they seem to get confused there as well because the mosaic law seems to always show up in things like the blood dogma . They really do believe that the only way for salvation is to obey the book publishing corporation and that aticle is very misleading by suggesting they only obey what jesus said , they leave out the elders and the governing body .

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

agapa,

the jehovah's witnesses are the only religion i have ever heard of that celebrate jesus' ransom by having a meeting once a year so that everyone in the room can refuse the emblems. when jesus said keep doing this, he was talking about partaking, he was not talking about rejecting the emblems. i was not raised in a religious family and have never partaken, so i didn't think too much about it as a witness. however someone on this board mentioned this last memorial season and it made sense. when i went to memorial this past year i proved for myself, by observing and listening, that the ceromony had nothing to do, or little to do, with jesus and a lot to do with reminding us that we were not to partake because we were not anointed and therefore not covered by his ransom. except in an indirect way which other posters have already pointed out. jesus did not initiate any such practice nor is this bible based, except in a very bastardized way. to paraphrase: " i know not what others may do, but the next time someone hands me a glass of wine i'm going to drink it." in order to not cause a scene and avoid embarassing others by doing this i don't intend to go to anymore memorials. i don't think it shows jesus the respect he deserves.

j2s

• blondie
    blondie

I see agapa you made an assertion without apparently reading my comments carefully or the WT magazines.

The article you pointed to on the website, uses Jesus/Christ 50 times 3 pages; yet in the 3 following study articles, those terms are only used 22 times 14 pages. (re-checked the numbers on the CD)

Why would the WTS use Christ/Jesus 50 times over 3 pages for non-JWs then turn around and use it only 22 times over 14 pages targeting JWs?

That is typically the pattern with WT publications over the last 5 years (or more).

And why aren't they known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses or the Kingdom Halls, Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses?

And why do the vast majority of JWs when asked what religion they are say Jehovah's Witnesses, not Jehovah's Christian Witnesses or Christians?

In Russell's days, everyone was of the anointed, with the hope of going soon to be with Christ in the heavens. They even spoke about Jesus as being their brother, their big brother with affection. I was a JW for almost 50 years and never once did I get the message that I could consider Jesus my big brother. With the change to the name Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931 and the "new light" in 1935 on the great crowd not being heavenly and not having the same close relationship with Jesus that the anointed did, the great crowd was distanced more and more from Jesus even to the point of being told he was not their mediator, that he was the mediator of the anointed only, that the great crowd could only truly have a relationship with Jesus unless they went through the anointed.

Blondie

• Jake99
    Jake99

Jesus cannot change your life he has been dead for 2000 years and no one can attest to what he actually said and did. The bible is no more the word of god than any other religious book and they divide people rather than uniting them.

What the world is looking for is the proven leader who uses and endorses the simple, fair, standardized and transparent system that creates everlasting peace and prosperity. The Way that Jesus recommended is still the same and all man has to do is follow directions and a leader that can make that Way happen. You dont need a preacher or a book to run this world in the way it was designed to be run you just have to put aside the pride and do what is right for all.

I have used the Jesus system and it resulted in miraculous achievements just as it did for Jesus only on a much larger scale due to improved technology. I suggest you only listen to James because I walk the same talk Jesus did.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The website is just a ploy to deceive people who have been told JW don't honor Jesus. Once a new convert has been sucked in and programmed, they start downgrading him like all the others.

KW13 - you silly billy!! Luke 21:8 doesn't apply to JW because

1: "We have never lost our sense of urgency"

2: Christ said these ones would come in his name. When a dub knocks on a door does the house holder say "Oh no! Its the Jesuses again?"

As one Sistah out on the streets said - She offered the magazines to a woman, who asked "are you a christian?"

Answer? "No, I am a Jehovah's witness."

Hammy knows.

HB

• vitty
    vitty

agape...................did you realize Jesus is NOT your mediator?

I was in the org for over 20 years and didnt even know that is a teaching my only consolation for my stupidity is that the majority of JWs dont know either

• Jake99
    Jake99

The problem is that when the actual man who can save this world knocks on your door you do not answer because you are programmed to think he has to be God in the flesh rather than a man with a simple plan.

As I read the way the JW's interpret who the Messiah is and what he does all it takes is a few actual believers and a practice of what is preached and the world gets fixed very quickly.

But you will not answer me because I am just a man and I do say I am the Way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit