JW official website promoting Jesus?

by agapa37 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen
    I was in the org for over 20 years and didnt even know that is a teaching

How could you not know that ? You sat thru 20 memorials and passed bread and wine around without eating or drinking being told that only 144k are worthy to partake . Only those professing to be of the "anointed" can make doctrine and dogma but that's only after being approved by the governing body as well . I think they try to run that democratically . I think it's apparent tho that the ones they pick do not reflect the biblical ideals . There's noway Russel was one nor Rutherford .Don't believe it for a second.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Jesus set up a simple arrangement whereby the individual Christian had direct access to him, there was no provision for another layer of mediation whereby the Governing Body became defacto mediator

You got that right.

Without pasting endless Scriptures that confirm the belief in the Bible of Christ's Deity, here is what I asked;

If Jesus is the Word of God, whose voice was heard by Israel in the desert?

When Jesus was on earth we talked to Him, walked with Him.

When Jesus died He rose from the dead and spoke to people.

When Jesus rose up into heaven Paul and Stephen spoke to Him.

Jesus said where two or more are gathered in my name I am there.

Sooooooooooooo when did it become illegal to TALK to Jesus;

When the Governing Body decided they wanted to be Jesus.

• acadian
    acadian

Who has AUTHORITY over the "Watchtower"? Who is the HEAD? Christ? The "State" is the entity that has AUTHORITY over the "Watchtower" Their incorporated into the "State" so they have to follow their master the "State" It is a basic principle of law that what one creates, one controls. Any church/organization that is incorporated, gets its life from the State and must obey the State or lose its corporate status. "Corporate" means shaped into a body. State incorporated churches/organizations are part of the body of the State. Those who claim to be Christian are to be the body of Christ and receive their life from Jesus Christ, not the State. By their own teachings, haven't they commited apostasy/ fornication with the Beast/State by incorporating themselves to recieve benifits from the State? So I don't care how many truths the spew (if any), doesn't scripture say that even the devil can appear as an angle of light? They are the true APOSTATES! Acadian

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I also wanted to add;

It is everyones personal respinsibility to find out what the Bible really teaches for themselves. I am not going to go to a terrorist to find out what the Quran teaches. I'm going straight to the book.

The Governing Body has been wrong on these things before, how can anyone trust that they are right roday? We have to read Greek and Hebrew dictionary's for ourselves to find out what John 1:1 means and the rest of it. There are many theological commentaries that we can use to get different views before we form our own opinion.

The Governing Body does not have one member with a theological degree, not one. And the one they quote from is a religion hating athiest that I have exchanged emails with. He is a professor at a University in AZ.

The GB will write things on their site to make them look good, they use bait and switch methods. They may claim to honor Jesus on their site but you will not find one JW who talks to Jesus, or admits that His Spirit DWELLS in them. The NWT changes the Bible by adding [in union with] instead of dwelling inside.

1 Timothy 6:13-16 I charge you before God, who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate testified the good confession, that you keep the commandment without spot, blameless, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ; which in its own times he will show, who is the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen.

John 16:13-15 However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming. He will glorify me, for he will take from what is mine, and will declare it to you. All things whatever the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine, and will declare it to you.

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn't have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his. If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Now how can an authentic believer have the Spirit of Christ dwelling inside them, and yet, it is blasphemous to say; "yo Jesus"

ask an elder

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

agapa37,

When I was a JW I was told this many times, that "we" didn't believe in Jesus. I knew that we did, but it puzzled me until I was shown that the facts; due to my own personal ignorance---MORE facts I had not considered;

* that we didn't even honor Him even the way the angels did when he was born;

*or that we we taught to completely ignore His resurrection as if this glorious day was just like every other day on the calendar,

* that His miraculous victory over sin (OUR sin) was only "good" for a chosen few despite what the bible itself says that He came for ALL mankind,

*and we ALL know how the Watchtower teaches its followers to celebrate Jesus' death!!! By dutifully sitting on their hands and refusing the sacrifice He made. I am ashamed to admit that I did that too, for 30 years,

*and that we most assuredly did NOT see every JW knee bow to Him (Philippians 2:10) nor,

* at any WTS meeting or convention or assembly, did we hear that Jesus name is above EVERY OTHER NAME----the focus and their JW name is ALWAYS on "Jehovah" instead.

We never heard "Praise Jesus" or anything about the grace and forgiveness of Jesus.....everything is always geared to and focused on Jehovah---Jehovah's blessings, blah, blah, blah---and Jesus is left out of the JW heart, on purpose.

How do YOU---AS a JW---explain Phillippians 2:10 and Acts 4:12, when you sit in a KH and hear ONLY how "Jehovah" is "leading you", you are named after Him, your main magazine is supposedly authored by Jehovah,etc....you cannot get away from this fact. EVERYTHING is Jehovah-Jehovah-Jehovah, in case you hadn't noticed!!! It IS the Watchtower Society that is THE only one that is misleading you and HAS been from the get-go.

Did you KNOW that the name "the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses" was only tacked on to the organization a few short years ago?

TRUE "Christians" have been identified and known AS Christians since Antioch at Acts 11:26! True Christians KNEW they WERE Christians way back at that time! The WTS just suddenly DECIDED to add this to their resume' of "who we are". Interesting, isn't it?

It's time to AWAKE! up and realize these facts, and how you are being robbed of the joy of Jesus, as YOUR Lord and Savior, and being able to know Him as He has invited ALL mankind to do.

The choice is up to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit