Your Drink (in pub, bar or club/restaurant/home)

by KW13 65 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13
    KW: Take it from me, when you've checked out the trendy bars, you'll be glad to get back to a proper pub with real beer (no, I don't mean lager!).

i've done a few in paphos went with my cousins and that, we were on holiday there - my dad used to live there, still has the house but its a holiday home there now. btw whats wrong with lager

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Nothing wrong with lager at all, as a very cold refreshing drink (I mostly drink Keo, Leon or Carlsberg here - at CY£1/pint).

But it really doesn't compare with a real beer. I'm going back to UK in a couple of days for 2 weeks, and I'm really looking forward to a good hand-pulled pint!

I'm in Paphos (Tombs of the Kings). There is a pub on Bar Street (Monroe's) where they brew their own real ale. Not bad at all.

Cheers!

• KW13
    KW13
    I'm in Paphos (Tombs of the Kings). There is a pub on Bar Street (Monroe's) where they brew their own real ale. Not bad at all.

Cheers!

ah yeh, bar street remember that!

my dad used to drink in the Queen Vic off the corner, it was what appeared to be brits only.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Ah, the Queen Vic!

It's about 100 yards away from where I live. I'm in there 4 or 5 times a week, and yes it is mostly Brits.

• KW13
    KW13
    Ah, the Queen Vic!

It's about 100 yards away from where I live. I'm in there 4 or 5 times a week, and yes it is mostly Brits.

haha, how weird is that!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

It's a small world!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit