The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legolas
    Legolas

OMG...Say it ain't so.....LOL...We don't have another PMJ do we?

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

nope its the same pmj

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh I see....You had to have a second coming JUST like jesus ah?

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

nope not really my other account wouldn't let me reply and i wasn't sure how ask why that was so i set up another account with a simalier name so.that people didn't think i was being deceitful

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

PMJ2,

frank like you said you were a jw for over 40 years you know for a fact jws use the bible they are diligent bible students

WRONG AGAIN! I was a JW for over 50 years, and I know for a fact that JWs do not study the Bible diligently. They read and underline their Watchtower publications! Very few JWs have their Bibles underlined like they have the Watchtower underlined. If they DO underline the Bible, it's only to show that they found something there that seems to support what they've already read in the Watchtower. I left JWs when for the first time in my life I began to read and study the Bible to find out what it really DOES say.

Frank

• fjtoth
  • Flash
    Flash

AnnOMaly

So can a group's spins on doctrine (which is subjective as far as we people are concerned anyway) really be used as concrete evidence as God's favor?

Concerning the Core Beliefs (and even some secondary ones) I believe it is. That fact that the WTS changes doctrines like we change socks does confuse things in a BIG way. It is IMO, part of their overall and almost complete failure in carrying out Christ's assignment to them.

A thought has occured to me as a result of our discussion...

What if the Three Slaves who were given the Talents of Silver represented three time periods? (Matthew 25: 14 ~ 30) The first Slave representing the first century slave before the apostacy, the second Slave representing those slaves active during the apostacy and the third Slave representing those leading Christ's congregation during these Last Days? ...just a thought, it makes sense to me.

Think about it...the perfomance record for the job the so-called FDS has done with their "one talent" is so abysmally poor, its like 'returning to the Master what is His, without interest.' After having their assignment for 131 years, only 1 tenth of 1% of the earths 6 billion people have been convinced to accept Jehovah through His Son. That's a shameful return!

"I believe this is clear evidence as to having at one time had divine approval. Again though, I think they fell hard in their faith after 1914 failed to produce Armageddon. That's when, IMO, the Evil Slave took over."

But again that's based on the premise that prior to 1914, God chose a group that had wackier doctrines than they have now! I can't see it.

Well, I don't know what more to add. I guess so long as we both do our best to be right in God's eyes we'll be OK, regardless whether we agree on this or not.

Nice talking with you.

• PMJ2
    PMJ2

frank i said over 40 years that could mean 50 years.so dont make a big deal out of it.the watchtower society encourge to read our bible daily.if you didnt do that more fool you

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    frank i said over 40 years that could mean 50 years.so dont make a big deal out of it.

PMJ2,

I'm making a big deal out of your DISTORTION that JWs are diligent Bible students. You KNOW they're not just as well as I do, no matter how long you've been in the organization, so why are you being so deceitful?

Frank

• sf
    sf
    frank i said over 40 years that could mean 50 years.so dont make a big deal out of it.the watchtower society encourge to read our bible daily.if you didnt do that more fool you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit