The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Don't you mean "circumstantial evidence" Arthur? Oh. Oh! Yes, you do! And so does Flash. I get it!

Teasingly,
    AuldSoul

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SmellsGood,

Anyways, I always want people to remember where they were, and not get too claws out with those who are newly searching, that is what I am really reacting to. I'm not now commenting on you in this thread, but I have seen it oftentimes, a rather startling lambasting reaction to those who post who aren't out of the grips of the watchtower. I think its important to treat them with kindness, especially if perhaps if one is so designated "apostate" as this is precisely what they WOULDN'T expect. :)

This is not the kind of venue where this code of conduct will ever work, if indeed it is even required. Perhaps in some ways we still have an attitude around us that feels that we need we lie to people by our 'social' behavior, just to get them to view the Witnesses in a good light.

You will not succeed in loving an JW into apostacy, that is often only achieved through vigorous, and sometimes bloody debate, as can be evidenced by many on this board who were once believers until their beliefs were challenged and they were forced to face them head on.

HS

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Don't you mean "circumstantial evidence" Arthur? Oh. Oh! Yes, you do! And so does Flash. I get it!

LOL ! Did you actually think that I was serious? I guess I should have put one of those little clown faces or something showing that I was just being a smart-ass.

• Flash
    Flash

Funny coincidence...from the 15th century to the 1860's muzzle loaders were the norm. For thousands of years before that it was, bow and arrows, swords and slings, axes...all very 'High Tech.' Yet from 1861 to 1914 humanity...all by itself, jumps from those primitive weapons to Machine Guns, Tanks, Warplanes, Poison Gas and everything else since. Yes gentlemen ~ EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE.

The last word is yours.

Have A Sparkling Day!

• saki2fifty
  • smellsgood
    smellsgood

that is often only achieved through vigorous, and sometimes bloody debate, as can be evidenced by many on this board who were once believers until their beliefs were challenged and they were forced to face them head on.
    smellsgood: THAT is what I am wholeheartedly interested in! Believe me, if this is the case then, I will come out with guns blazing more often! I really love vigorous bloody debate, so much so I've tried to temper it and play nice. I get torn about which way to go about things. If by any measure I will lovingly feather them away from apostasy, I will do a complete 180 in that case. As long as the end result is one less WT slave, knives out then if thats what it takes. :)
    smellsgood

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Flash,

In Jesus day they didn't even have muzzle loaders. Catapults, siege engines, fixed crossbow, Byzantine fire...each of these saw giant leaps forward in technological application to warfare post-1st Century. Every time technological advances are made those advances also see applications in warfare.

Empirical evidence of a sharp increase in technological progress is not empirical evidence of Satan being cast down to the earth, sorry. At the same time that faster modes of communication became available further encouraging collaboration between distantly removed colleagues advances in the sciences and the resulting technologies leapt forward on all fronts, including militarily.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

saki2fifty,

You will need to upload the picture to a file server, like photobucket.com first, then post the image here from the file server. You can see it, because it is on your computer, but we can't see it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"ANYONE WHO ISN'T US!"

That is exactly what I felt like when my dad read, "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us." (1 John 2:19) He meant me, of course. They kill everyone who is baptized who isn't like them.

On the other hand, I have a great deal of respect for most people. The quality that evokes respect from me above all others is integrity.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Saki,

Is a riddle? Can I try to complete it?

Anyone who isn't 'us' ........will die at Armageddon?

Did I get it right?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit