The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thought of another reason you can't use Danny's topics to argue your violations of posting rules.

Let's review...

Danny answers direct questions. Thirdwitness, you do not.

Danny posts newsworthy items. Thidwitness, you do not.

Danny is an honest person who posts facts. Thirdwitness, you are dishonest.

Thirdwitness, here is some questions for you to answer.

How does the day for a year rule apply to the Gentile Times Prophecy? As another person has already said, the day for a year rule applied to only 2 prophecies listed in the Bible where it says that would be how it worked. Where is the day for a year rule in the Gentile Times Prophecy? How are we to know that rule is to be used? How are we to know if it is a figurative prophecy with figurative rules, or is it to be taken literally? Again, where are the text clues for the reader to use decernment?

Again, I already know you won't answer my questions. You didn't before and you won't answer them now. Typical of you, isn't it?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Ozz,

I saw that you are Forum Assisitant and that is why I responded to you respestfully inspite of your disrespect. Does being a Forum Assistant authorize you to bully me with your insults and to spread unfounded rumors about me?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Every single date the WTS has ever prophesied about or identified as signficant has been WRONG! Every one!

Why should 1914 be any different?

My CO relative told me after the Generation debacle " So now we do not predict dates anymore. No one knows when the end will come, so now we don't predict anything about dates. Oh Except 1914 of course, that one is correct.."

What rubbish! If ALL the other dates have ben wrong, well then chances are 1914 is a crock as well.

Pope

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

I do not understand why anyone is saying I don't answer questions. Lets go back and read the whole thread and we will see that I did answer questions.

done4good asks about the day for a year rule. I replied that he should read the subheading Why apply a day for a year. So he was answered.

KW gave a king's list. I replied that he should read this link http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/607/default.html because this topic is about the 7 times and why it applies to God's rulership. It is not about proving specifically 607.

Fullofdoubt said he don't believe the Bible or in God. I did not see a question in that and if he doesn't believe the bible then of course what I wrote would mean nothing to him.

Minimus ask no question but merely said you can use the Bible to prove anything.

done4good again ask about the day for a year. Do you want me to copy and paste what I said again. I thought that was unnecessary and repetitive so I didn't.

KW and James wood brought up Russell and Tyre. Nothing to do with this topic. I had previously answered by saying I would not comment on other subjects or questions. Sorry, I just do not have the time for every off topic question.

Vitty Yawned. I didn't see a question there but perhaps I should have complimented her on her nice yawn.

Steve brought up 2300 days to which I commented that his interpretation had nothing to do with the 7 times. I did not want to get off on a tangent about the 2300 days and what they might mean.

Acadian talked about the WT being a corporation. This is off topic.

Outlaw chastised me about taking a cheap shot at the administration. No question by outlaw there.

Midget ask about why the 1260 days in Revelation are not interpreted by the WT as a day for a year. Auldsoul later ask that to which I did comment that Rev is in the Lord's day and I don't believe the Lord's day is 1260 years long so logic would dictate that a day for a year didn't apply.

kid-a showed us a picture of a toilet. He reminded me that I needed to take a dump and so I did.

Outlaw said a spewed crap which I did when I took the above mentioned dump.

End of page one. All questions answered there.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fisherman,Ozz made no accusations,nor did he bully you with insults..He asked some questions..You are the one making accusations,that he bullyed you with insults..It`s simply not true...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

PopeOfEruke,

You mean to tell me Moses, Noah, and all the Propehets of Old wasn't resurrected in 1925 and are living in San Diego?

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    I do not understand why anyone is saying I don't answer questions.

Agreed, 10 out of the 12 with direct answers.... regarding the topic of this thread.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thirdwitness said,

done4good asks about the day for a year rule. I replied that he should read the subheading Why apply a day for a year. So he was answered.

So here is Thirdwitness' article on it

Should We Apply the Day for a Year Rule?

If a day for a year is not applied then that means that the 7 times lasted from 607 to 600. Did a ruler of God's Kingdom come forth then? Logical reasoning will lead a person to believe that the day for a year rule must apply otherwise the prophecy is meaningless. We have as an example the seventy weeks prophecy of Daniel chapter 9. The day for a year rule must apply in Daniel chapter 9 or the prophecy is meaningless and is of no value.

As we have already shown Daniel used the word for 7 times instead of 7 years. Therefore it must mean more than 7 years. Otherwise he would have said 7 years not 7 times. Do you think that Jehovah was trying to trick us by using the terminology of 7 times and then explaining the length of 3.5 times in Revelation only to merely mean that the 7 times that pass over are 7 years and that is all? AT the same time he supplied the rule ' a day for a year ' when Ezekiel laid on his side for so many days (which by the way pointed to the destruction of Jerusalem in 607). He also supplied the prophecy of the 70 weeks which also needs the rule of 'a day for a year' for it to have value. The 70 weeks from 455 brings us to 453.5. Nothing happened. So surely it must be a day for a year.

With that said, is there any other reason to apply the day for a year rule to the dream? For a moment lets reason why God wanted us to know exactly how long 3 1/2 times are. In one place he calls it 42 months, in another place he calls it 1260 days. If it only meant 42 regular months then why be so specific about it. What difference does a few days here or there make? Why not just 3½ years or 42 lunar or solar months? The only time a few days does make a big difference is when you are dealing with a prophecy that has a day for a year rule applied. In this case every day makes a big difference. When you combine this with the fact that every prophecy of Daniel either concludes with Jesus arriving in God's Kingdom or with the arrival of the Messiah who is the King of God's Kingdom, then you have a pretty strong reason to apply the day for a year rule.

I don't understand any of this. That is why I asked the questions listed above. So before you go off and say you have answered this, I must remind you that this is a DISCUSSION board, and you have not discussed this question. But knowing you, you never will actually discuss a point but would prefer acting like a fool. Come on, educate me so it can be understood by anybody. Make clear points for a change.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness,

I do not understand why anyone is saying I don't answer questions.

Would you like me to present a list of numerous questions that I have asked you over the past two weeks NONE of which you have answered? I do hope Saki is reading this post.

HS

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thanks for your view outlaw. Sorry I didnt respond to you before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit